My cameras not working

Ake25

n3wb
Reaction score
Am new and i instaled properly 24 cameras Dahua ip camera on poe amd now i turned on NVR and only 15 cameras shown and i can turn on more than 2 when i try to add more they can t find host network and some cameras turn on for a sec and turn of what to do here i will love to get some help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It sounds like you have exceeded the capacity of the NVR. Just because the NVR is X channel doesn't mean it can actually support X number of cameras depending on resolution, FPS, and bitrate.

What NVR model?

You can prove this by dropping the camera resolution to the lowest MP, 5 FPS, and 500 bitrate and if the cameras start showing, then you know you are exceeding the capability of the NVR running higher MP and FPS and bitrate.

Ake25

n3wb
Reaction score
I can just turn on 2 cameras when i try to add kore then 2 they cant find host on network my nvr clips 32

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK that has bandwidth capacity of 320 Mbps, but you would be surprised how few higher MP cams at 30FPS and 15,000bitrate can overload the capacity of the NVR.

Try my suggestion and if it shows more cameras, you know then you are exceeding the capacity.

Ake25

n3wb
Reaction score
OK that has bandwidth capacity of 320 Mbps, but you would be surprised how few higher MP cams at 30FPS and 15,000bitrate can overload the capacity of the NVR.

Am going to try it thank you for replay

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the NVR have its own (16 or so) ports in the back of it or are you using an external switch?