My first Hikvision (2CD2032F) - is there a sticky for setting it up for best picture?

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: My first Hikvision (2CD2032F) - is there a sticky for setting it up for best pict

Yeah, I just checked. Its the right dimensions ! Thanks for the pointer :)

Reaction score
Re: My first Hikvision (2CD2032F) - is there a sticky for setting it up for best pict

Hey AlpineWatch - sent you a PM :)

-Greg

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I have the same issue (lots of noise at night) with my 2032's. I have played around with just about every setting trying to reduce it. Exposure at 1/6 completely removed it but quickly found out motion blur made the image almost worthless. If you still have a few cameras to buy I recommend going with the Hik Turrets. They have very little night noise. I bought a few and shuffled the cameras around and used the turrets where it mattered the most.

I was able to reduce the night noise by changing the Video Standard to 50htz (PAL). It will reduce the shutter speed from 1/30 to 1/25 which does make a difference in the noise. I see no noticeable difference in motion blur going from 1/30 to 1/25. Also, under Exposure Settings reduce the Gain and find the sweet spot in the picture. It's the Gain that introduces all the noise. It will take 5-10 seconds for the picture to stabilize after making the changes.