My footage helped put a bad guy behind bars!

GBot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a lurker here, but I owe everyone on this forum a huge THANK YOU for all the knowledge I've absorbed over the past few years. My family and neighbors will sleep a lot easier tonight because a wannabe thug is off our streets.

FYI, I'm not the guy being interviewed...
Man accused of several home invasions in metro Detroit neighborhoods

Man arrested after caught lurking, peering into Clinton Township homes, police say

Details straight from police.

Next steps, installing infrared flood lights and flashing Hikvision firmware onto my Swann hardware.

Thanks again to this wonderful community!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very nice neighborhood - from a criminal's point of view that area would seem like a target rich environment. Glad he was apprehended.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The dude was pretty brazen and not all that smart around the surveillance cameras. Glad they caught his @ss.

GBot

n3wb
Reaction score
According to my HOA president, police found jewelry and a gun on the guy. That makes me REALLY glad he's off the streets. I'm told that he'll probably go away for at least 5 years, but time will tell.

Edit: Arraignment today. He'll be charged with 13 felonies. Scary how close he was to me and my family...

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I would not doubt that he has had prior arrests. So yes more time in prison would be the order of the day.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Congrats! Good work. My footage has helped catch or been involved in at least 3 solved cases I know of. One guy stole some things out of my wife's car and got two years (posted the footage on Facebook and identified him that way), one kid was in a group home for young offenders and got more of the same. I didn't hear what the third guy got but my footage showed him three houses away from the theft checking cars at my place so that helped charge him with theft rather than just possession of stolen goods.

I love hearing success stories on here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reason number 4621 to keep your flipping doors locked.

No such thing as a safe neighborhood.
+1 to that.

And even if you know all your neighbors, get along OK with them, none of them are meth heads, career criminals, etc. the fact is most of these dickheads come into the "nicer" or "upscale" places because where they reside (or nest?) nobody has shit for them to steal! They still have enough gray matter to realize you gotta go where there's decent stuff to rip off in the first place, although most of them have lost that part of their brain that assists with good decision-making.

I've got some good 40 to 60 year old friends that I'd give my last dollar to, trust a great deal and would go out of my way to help and I think most feel the same way about me that have 15 to 25 year old kids and grandkids that I would not dare turn my back on, let along trust anything they said. Their own parents don't have a clue, either. Sad, very sad. Some of those kids would steal from you in a heartbeat, even knowing their parent's relationship with me or other friends/neighbors.

I know I've said it before but man, I hate thieves.....:angry:

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

Several years ago, my dad wanted to borrow my truck to haul some dirts for their garden and they live in a high class HOA neighborhood area. I told my dad to make sure the tailgate is locked before they go to bed because I knew that tailgate is one of the most popular items that get stolen daily in our town. My dad forget to lock the tailgate and the next morning it was gone.

My parents were shocked to see my tailgate was stolen from their own driveway and I told them damn you live in a bad neighborhood area. :lol:

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.

I kept telling my son that, and all he would say is "Dad everyone here in this court watches each other and we're safe." Lucky for him, he never got robbed, even when him and his wife would go somewhere they hardly locked the door.
Well now he lives in Henderson NV, and knows now to watch his doors.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
You may have a nice neighborhood but it is the low lifes coming in from other areas checking car doors and looking for houses that they can break into.