My Hikvision NVR won't stop beeping

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
I was playing with the configuration settings in the browser trying to get my NVR to send push notifications to Hik Connect on my phone, which never did work. This also 'seemed' to make my NVR beep incessantly, mostly related to motion events I think.

I undid my changes, but the beeping continued. So I went into the NVR and disabled motion events for the cameras, but I lost my recordings for all cameras.

I googled the beeping issue and disabled All exceptions, but they were already off, so it did not help. I also checked my HDD, which says it has zero free space. But I have overwrite enabled.

Recording is working again now that I enabled motion events, but the damn beeping continues. I feel like Quasimodo and I'm sure it must annoy the aquatic life.

Any bright ideas? Is it still an HDD issue? I assume there is an event log?

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In the NVR configuration screen, select exception on the left plane, select "ALL" as the exception type, deselect the audio warnings on the right plane.

If that doesn't shut it up, then you need to disable the audio alarms in the camera's basic event section.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
In the NVR configuration screen, select exception on the left plane, select "ALL" as the exception type, deselect the audio warnings on the right plane.

If that doesn't shut it up, then you need to disable the audio alarms in the camera's basic event section.
Thanks, I tried option one already.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks!

I found the misbehaving camera. Strangely it didn't shut up until I exited the menu. I rarely use the NVR directly, as it's too far away. LOL. The camera view actually shows the notification bell on the individual view screen. No idea why killing ALL notifications didn't fix this wayward camera.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks!

I found the misbehaving camera. Strangely it didn't shut up until I exited the menu. I rarely use the NVR directly, as it's too far away. LOL. The camera view actually shows the notification bell on the individual view screen. No idea why killing ALL notifications didn't fix this wayward camera.
probably from playing with event settings
it happens