My horrendous journey dealing with generic chinesse brands

xavier00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My first knighmare started with foscam, you can view my posts , then i graduated to cheap nvrs, i realized there are 100s of different brands using the same board, and they will not tellyou whith firmware is right for them, after doing some research i found out they are all based on the board that i provided in the picture ,chips may vary from hi3520a to b and c,d, this chips on this boards all utilize different firmwares, the suppose copycat company is supposed to tell you witch one is, well they dont! basically they wont say this is a mini 1u board , 4ch,8ch etc and that 109s oc chinese brands use it,well i contacted no less than 20 difrent companies, no help, they are afraid to tell you because 50+ brands use that same generic firmware and think you just trying to mess around with their settings, well they all utilize the same board! the only diference is the network department settings and the logo, does somebody has had image.pngimage.pngthe same problem?

image.pngimage.png

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you got what you paid for.

except for the foscam, that you got ripped off.

xavier00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, but is there any way for people like me to find out what firmware really is for this board?

xavier00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Foscam was the worst cam i ever purchased,i got a sunba [h=1]601-D20X and its great[/h]

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
typically no, if you buy a generic brand your only option is if the vendor you bought it from will provide it.. if they wot help you dont get any firmware other then what it came loaded with.

all of my devices but one are still running original firmware, why so obsessed about it?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, but is there any way for people like me to find out what firmware really is for this board?
When you purchase inexpensive foreign hardware you should never rely on firmware updates - expect to get what you paid for when you received it. The chances of these companies providing any support is slim to none and as for "updates and support" don't count on it. If these are things you want/need then you need to make the investment into different hardware.

JWiggers

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here.
Look at my thread.
I buy this Chinese equipment never again!
I spend hours to make the system work properly but it seems the nvr can't handle the job.
Also i can't find specs of the nvr anywhere.
I'm looking to buy an nvr at Nelly security now.
I'm thinking of buying the 16 channel Ion nvr.
But it's also cheap so i don't know.