My Huisun PTZ V2 10x arrived - need advice

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Huisun PTZ V2 10x arrived yesterday. I thought I was ordering a model that had POE.

Camera I ordered: HS-SCB415IP-V10-E

Camera I was sent: DM-SCB415IP-V10

Link to page I ordered from: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Coco-Bracket/1000001646111.html

It arrived and does not have POE. It also has issues with parking correctly after a power-cycle, but I understand from reading here this could be a power supply issue.

I have some 12V power supplies, 2 are rated for 1.5A but that are old so I'm hoping they are just not up to snuff and if I use a better power supply this issue will go away.

Any way I need your advice, Should I have received a POE camera or not?

Do I have standing to open a despute with aliexpress over this?

Emailed Candy and her response "Pls check with the link which ur order in Aliexpress ,it is not mention any POE ,Pls check . Thanks"

So I sent her a screen shot of the technical parameters section showing the part number and where it says POE - YES.

UPDATE: This is her response:

This is only the model name ,not means POE . If the model with POE ,we will show it in the title ,and in the SPC as following picture show .
--
Catch.jpg
--
So upon seeing this I went and looked at the other cams listed that do have POE in the title and looked how they were listed where she had circled. It looks exactly the same - see this link to a listing with POE: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-HUISUN-2nd-Generation-2-0MP-10X-IP66-Waterproof-1080P-with-POE-IP-Bullet-PTZ-Camera/1248007_32655995265.html

Here is one with no mention of POE in the heading/description, no -E in the model number, and the most important detail, in technical paramiters right under the model number where my cam had POE - YES, this one has no mention of POE there: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-2016-New-Model-2nd-generation-IR80M-2MP-10X-IP-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-S2LM-System-Weatherproof/1248007_32647882610.html?spm=2114.12010108.1000013.8.aus4Rs

I'd say at this point it is pretty obvious she is not going to bend on this so my only recourse if I want to push this is to open a depute. I am thinking I should test this cam with a better power supply to see if the power cycle parking issues go away. If not then the cam will need to be replaced as defective, if the parking issue goes away then I will have to decide if I want to dispute this or let them get away with playing it loose on their description that says "POE - YES" and sending me a cam with a totally different part number, then not wanting to acknowledge that and make good on it.

I do realize I did get a great deal but I also bought thinking I was getting POE regardless of how good a deal it was they need to send the model I ordered and make good on the product description if they are going to place POE - YES under technical parameters description.

So as it stands, I'll order a 12V 5A power supply from amazon with prime 2 day shipping it should arrive soon, then test the cam. If the power cycle parking issue goes away then I'll probably go ahead with the dispute. Let me know your thoughts and what you think, am I just being a bitch and should I just take what I got due to the cheap price or what?

Seeing the way this thing operates I am wishing I would have just waited another month or two, saved up and then spent 600+ on a dahua 20x PTZ.
nayr seems impressed with them and he seems to have enough experience to know.

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My Huisun PTZ V2 10x arrived yesterday. I thought I was ordering a model that had POE.

Camera I ordered: HS-SCB415IP-V10-E

Camera I was sent: DM-SCB415IP-V10

Link to page I ordered from: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Coco-Bracket/1000001646111.html

It arrived and does not have POE. It also has issues with parking correctly after a power-cycle, but I understand from reading here this could be a power supply issue.

I have some 12V power supplies, 2 are rated for 1.5A but that are old so I'm hoping they are just not up to snuff and if I use a better power supply this issue will go away.

Any way I need your advice, Should I have received a POE camera or not?

Do I have standing to open a despute with aliexpress over this?

Emailed Candy and her response "Pls check with the link which ur order in Aliexpress ,it is not mention any POE ,Pls check . Thanks"

So I sent her a screen shot of the technical parameters section showing the part number and where it says POE - YES.

No answer yet.

Robert

I *thought* you had emailed Candy right after you ordered, and she assured you it had PoE? Option 1 is to dispute, at least you can get some money back. 2) Make it PoE with adapters for about $20, and move on...if you paid $95, you have a nice PoE cam for $125, I'd say. Oh, and I'd prolly do BOTH option 1 and 2....

JMartin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get PoE on my non-PoE cameras by using these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321804572787?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's two "pair" for less than $9.00, enough for two cameras, and they work great.

Just my $.02.

[Edit: These "cheapies" are passive and take the power from your existing cameras power supply (in my case 12v), inject it into the Ethernet cable going to the camera, then split it back out again to the two original connectors on the Camera.]

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But he still needs a separate injector AND a splitter, right? That's why I thought $20 would fix him up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No, it's not a rocket science with these. :) one end goes to your POE powered cable and the other one simply plugs in to Huisun 12v and ethernet. You don't need separate injector

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Here is how that active poe splitter works, it does not require anything additional besides providing POE power from either a swtich/injector/NVR. The only thing it just adds extra short cable and bulkiness.

Which I mounted inside a box from Home Depot

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So you got the cam for $95 from some listing which had an error and didn't confirm it's a correct model with Poe? I dont see that seller did anything wrong here. In any case you can solve this using $12 active poe injector

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SM196AE/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1461939709&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=active+poe+injector&dpPl=1&dpID=41MESHXuMPL&ref=plSrch
klasipca, I do agree I should have confirmed the POE with candy but don't they have some responsibility for what they put in the description? Do you have to confirm everything in the description before you buy? Do I have to ask about every single thing listed in the cam description or then if the cam arrives and it is different then the description, I am at fault because I did not confirm it with Huisun? That is ludicrous .

I do think I have some right to expect POE if the put under tech specs POE - YES.

Then they do send me a totally different model number. Don't they have duty to send me what is described?

I think yes, this was supposed to obviously be a cam with POE, so they figure, send me cheaper cam then make excuses?

I am not going to be like you and buy a bunch of these, I am certainly not impressed with them, there is a fine line between cheap and junk, I do agree if you get a good one with no issues then yes you got a great deal. I don't care to maintain a relationship with Huisun, I'm not buying anything else from them.

Here is the tech issue with this little bomb.

During boot up this cam bangs itself into the wall or the bracket by nodding down then turning left until it reaches the bracket or the board it is mounted on then stops there. I then have to use the PTZ controls and spin it back around, then it is at 250 degrees while pointing about even with the arm. So to fix this I have to nod [adjust] it all the way up, far as possible, level is way off at this point, the level upper limit at that point is keeping the cam way to low if looking out on the horizon, so I spin it around to the left, it hits the limit but the counter keeps going until it zeros out. Then while it is at that spot partially over the arm, I nod it down, same thing, it hits the arm but counter keeps going.

After this little procedure the limits are now where they should be and the cam operates well, until I power it down again. It is like the internal limits are way off but it has some built in ability to slip as in an internal clutch system, so then I take it to these internal limits, it reaches them, but the counter keeps going, internally, it is still turning until it the counter reaches zero degrees. I have a video of this I am going to post later, too busy right now.

With having to go through this is certainly does not give a person confidence the cam is going to be working this time next year.

I am hoping this issue is due to power supply not having enough juice as is stated in other Huisun post. If I buy a 12V 5A power supply, this puppy still does that, it is going back. This is the only reason I don't open a dispute right now.

Buying these cams is hit or miss, yes, I did already know that. I don't want to piss candy off any more then needed if I am going to have to request a replacement due to the issue I just described, though I am certain now candy would give me all kinds of hell as she will just think I am some how doing this to the cam because I want a replacement "with POE".

Yes klasipca, I know you are not going to agree but if they are going to be bitches then so am I and I am not going to have sympathy for them.

Put up a listing, sell products, ship what you sold. I am in business, I sell products and this is exactly what I do every day.

Just because it was cheap don't mean it is OK for them to screw me by sending a cam that is a "different model" and "does not match what is in the listing description".

If I can just get this thing working, I'll certainly keep it, but then I'll go after some resolution for the shipping a product "not as described" just like it says in the listing, if they ship something not as described, then there will be a negotiation over it and that is exactly what they did, ship me a "product not as described".

To any one who is going to buy from Huisun, don't expect this company to operate with honor, they will ship you anything they like and then expect you to be happy with it.

This is why aliexpress ended up taking down their store over the 4x PTZ cam problems, they did not want to make good and replace faulty cams, they had to be forced to do it. I am betting aliexpress told them to make good and fix/replace bad 4x cams, they did not and to "get their attention and force the issue" aliexpress took down their store.

I have seen post where nayr is giving you Huisun fans a hard time about these cams, I knew full well I might get a junk unit but rolled the dice. Looks like I might have lost, should have damn well known better.

Robert

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is how that active poe splitter works, it does not require anything additional besides providing POE power from either a swtich/injector/NVR. The only thing it just adds extra short cable and bulkiness.

Which I mounted inside a box from Home Depot
Thanks for posting this stuff klasipca, I have been following your post on these cams and am aware of the power injectors available. This is certainly the way I will be going but now I got to spend another 20 or 30 bucks to make this work.

I already have the complete POE setup with proper POE switches and was expecting to "NOT" need to purchase additional equipment in order to make this work.

Thanks
Robert

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The power issue you described sounds what I've had on my cams as well which resulted to power source. Mainly with 12V 1Amp adapters, as well as cat5e cable + NVR POE. If you search my posts you can find me talking about it on several occasions. The cam should be ok though with 12v 2Amp if you have that, and if not defective most certainly should work with 5Amp, but I think it's an overkill.

If you think these cams are junk it's fine, I am not going to convince you otherwise, they probably are really good junk that does most security in my home. It's unfortunate that the first camera you ordered did not meet your expectations but I can assure you this can and will happen again with any brand that you buy from Aliexpress. Most recently I got my first cam from Dahua with bad focus, do I think they are junk and I got screwed? No, just my bad luck with quality control.

Aliexpress took down their store because of many disputes with 4x, that's true, they screwed all of us who bought this camera, but that wouldn't stop me buying more of their 10x cams which I am well aware of what they are capable of.

>Do you have to confirm everything in the description before you buy?
Yes, when buying from Aliexpress, especially anything above $50 I always confirm what I am getting. ESPECIALLY on the listing that resulted in error. Question for you, if you did ask them whether this had POE for $95 and they told you it was not, would you still have bought this camera for $95?

In any way, if you got a defective one or feel cheated by the company that sent you wrong product then you have protection from Aliexpress to initiate the dispute and get either entire or partial amount.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The boot up funny business seems to be solved.

I have found a high quality 12V 2.5A power supply from an old HP Jornada, a sort of mini computer that is a cross between a smart phone and a laptop. Been setting in a box for about 6 or 7 yrs. It is worth nothing as no one would even pay 5.00 for such a thing now. So now it can officially go into the trash having contributed its power supply to "the cause".

I did have to perform surgery and do a "tip transplant". I had an old 5V power supply off something and the tip was perfect size fitting the Huisun snugly so, off with it's head, uh I mean tip, a few minutes of soldering and heat shrink tube and the Huisun booted up with the new HP 12V 2.5A power supply and did a "happy dance" or what seemed to be a normal? boot up. No more head banging routine and weird out of sync PTZ limits afterwords. I'll do further testing over the next few days.

Only problem I can see now it when it is aimed at something with a lot of bright white such as the sky it seems to pulse every 1.5 seconds adjusting the white balance in some kind of loop. It is barely noticeable and does not seem to do it if I have the cam pointed at something darker or with medium bright color, or perhaps it is still happening with not enough contrast to see it? It was doing this before the new power supply. I did some fiddling and reset the cam to default and 50hz and that did seem to kind of fix it yesterday, seems it is back? though I can only see this when in the upper zoom levels.

So I'll play around with the Huisun PTZ for a few days and make sure it is really good to go, then I'll get back to the fun of dealing with Candy and aliexpress about the POE or not. Maybe I'll just let it go.

Robert

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Good, as long as it returns to the last position after reboot then you are providing enough power with the power supply. Pulsing is the i frame rate.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
for $95, i'd just let it go and get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/iCreatin-ethernet-Splitter-Adapter-Compliant/dp/B00SM196AE
(poe splitter is more like $12, not $30...) you still got a smokin deal...
Actually since I have the power supply, it would be one of these below, right? The one you linked to is 12V 15.4W - would that not equal 1.5A? If it is 1.5A then it may or may not work, I have 2 surplus 12V 1.5A power supplies and nether one had enough Juice for Mr. Huisun PTZ cam. :rolleyes:

61lIhjcciGL._SL1000_.jpg 123-poe-injector-001.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/iCreatin-Passive-Injector-Splitter-Connector/dp/B00NRHNPUA/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1461965541&sr=1-7&keywords=PoE+Injector

Robert

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, it's not a rocket science with these. :) one end goes to your POE powered cable and the other one simply plugs in to Huisun 12v and ethernet. You don't need separate injector
Indeed, he already had the injector/power supply as he was already having power difficulties. ;) In general though, you need 12V/1.5 + amp injector/power (or PoE NVR) AND a splitter to pull this off on a non-PoE cam...that's what I meant earlier...no worries.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Actually since I have the power supply, it would be one of these below, right? The one you linked to is 12V 15.4W - would that not equal 1.5A? If it is 1.5A then it may or may not work, I have 2 surplus 12V 1.5A power supplies and nether one had enough Juice for Mr. Huisun PTZ cam. :rolleyes:

View attachment 10332 View attachment 10333

http://www.amazon.com/iCreatin-Passive-Injector-Splitter-Connector/dp/B00NRHNPUA/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1461965541&sr=1-7&keywords=PoE+Injector

Robert
This one is passive, the other one is active. I don't know how well this passive would work, but the one active one above tested to work with this PTZ.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Indeed, he already had the injector/power supply as he was already having power difficulties. ;) In general though, you need 12V/1.5 + amp injector/power (or PoE NVR) AND a splitter to pull this off on a non-PoE cam...that's what I meant earlier...no worries.

Well, since he wanted to use POE for power and discovered that it didn't have one it was assumed he had POE source (or was planning to get one) I was just pointing out that the only unplanned expense would be getting an active POE splitter. oh well :)

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, since he wanted to use POE for power and discovered that it didn't have one it was assumed he had POE source (or was planning to get one) I was just pointing out that the only unplanned expense would be getting an active POE splitter. oh well :)
Little did we know he's armed to the hilt with power supplies ready to modify! :) I would have clicked on Amazon for $6 before firing up my soldering iron, but I like buying new toys....have drawers full of old ones as proof!

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Little did we know he's armed to the hilt with power supplies ready to modify! :) I would have clicked on Amazon for $6 before firing up my soldering iron, but I like buying new toys....have drawers full of old ones as proof!

I have been in the computer business, owned an ISP business up to about 3 yrs ago and got way too much old computer junk laying around, just for such occasions. Though I probably do need to throw lots of it away as most of it is just too outdated to bother using. Example, I got about 5 good Cisco 3600 series router power supplies, they put out about 12V at 12A. I probably could have figured out how to use those but not worth fiddling with, same with computer power supplies, got a few good ones of those also.

That old HP Jornada probably got a few hrs of use and a few hrs of charge time so that power supply was virtually new, why not use it? I did just order the POE injectors though I do have all the stuff to make those also, I chose not to bother. Most old power supplies from old router or such, if it still works I throw it in the power supply box, just for such occasions.

The biggest reason for doing that mod and using the surplus power supply - I wanted to know if the Huisun PTZ would behave with enough power, I wanted that knowledge right then and there and I knew when I found that 12V 2.5A power supply that in 20 minutes, I would have the answer.

alphawave7, I had the amazon shopping cart page loaded with a power supply ready to go, then decided to make one last search through my stash. I found the box for the HP Jornada, had a look at the power supply, it said 12V 2.5A. It had the wrong plug but I fixed that quick enough, plugged it in and the Huisun PTZ was happy.

Robert

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All for re-use/re-purpose, and landfills thank you. PoE issues aside, I think you'll enjoy your cam once all the kinks work out. I seem to recall Candy did reassure you (unless I'm dreaming?) earlier, so I would pursue a dispute and apply any refund towards that PoE goal. Poor descriptions (altered?) only lead to such misunderstandings, and only cash talks to get them to 'behave', if at all. Cheers!