My Latest Tree Camera

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I already have a camera on the other side of the pine tree catching things going on in the other direction including people walking on the sidewalk. What I also needed was a good picture of the people walking on the sidewalk in the other direction. It was hard to get a face view from previous camera mountings. So, I decided to mount another camera in the pine tree facing the opposite direction. Here is a picture of the camera in the Pine tree and a picture from the camera. You can really get a close up of someone walking by.

Camera 3F Tree.JPG

Camera 3F Sidewalk.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Very nice, really disappears unless you are looking right at the camera.
I forgot to say that I have this camera wrapped in Camouflage tape along with the mounting hardware and the cable. The camera and the mounts are hard to see from the sides. The camera is a Dahua 5442E-ZE. Now if Dahua would just come out with a varifocal bullet with a 1/1.2 " sensor I will be very happy. :D

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
When the tree is 30 foot tall you will be able to see the neighborhood next to yours :), just kidding...
Actually, in the first photo, the house that you see is in the next city. My backyard fence is in next city. When I bought the house, we tore down the wood back fence and used the brick wall of the house behind me. Gained a couple of feet. ;)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, in the first photo, the house that you see is in the next city. My backyard fence is in next city. When I bought the house, we tore down the wood back fence and used the brick wall of the house behind me. Gained a couple of feet. ;)
Hopefully no one with a tree saw will steal your CAM...but like all our CAMs we will have the footage...

When I repositioned our front yard CAM it was due to our tree that grew which got in the way. Where it is mounted now it will be a future issue too in a few more years, but I will need to keep it trimmed good, guessing no branches below 6 feet once fully grown.