My memory is not what it was...

Akonline

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope someone can help. This is about the best place I think I might get an answer. I have two Dahua Starlight cameras. I can't remember the exact model but they were bought via Empire Andy in 2017 and I think I bough the ones everyone was buying at this point. I installed back in 2017 and they have happily been working away. POE Switch and the content is saved to Synology Surveillance Station. All looks fine. The problem I have is now 6 years later I was hoping to change the angle one of the cameras so it points to the right handside of current location. I can't work out whether I should be able to do this without getting back on the roof. I can use IE to connect to the camera and I can see options regards the camera in Synology Surveillance Station but nowhere can i seem to move the angle of view in these locations. On the camera itself I can't see any options. In the Synology app there is a PTZ option and a Digital Zoom option but nowhere I can actually move the eye of the camera. Should I be able to? Is it possible something has been reset at some point to lose this functionality? They are both labelled ONVIF in the app which I have read may be an issue.

Akonline

n3wb
Reaction score
Unless it is a PTZ you will have to manually move the camera to change the angle. I suspect you have a 5231 model camera.
I think you are right regards the model number. Was just surprised that a ptz option came up that let me zoom in and out only but maybe that is the way it is