My Motion Sensor Triggers

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Uncheck the high definition box.

The yellow zones have to be much larger. The two around the car will almost never work, especially at night.

Change algorithm to simple at night. Edge Vector will miss a lot of the time at night with B/W images.

That field of view will be problematic trying to trigger for someone going to the driver side door.

These are not tripwires like in the camera GUI. Suggest a block of yellow for the area you want to trigger.

2 seconds is along time. Consider 1 second.

I would lower the contrast - I run most of mine at the min.

Make sure the FPS and iframes in the camera GUI match.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also you might want to resolve which date/time display you want but not both, especially since they differ by 2 months and 2 hours, +/-.
I use the cam's overlay, direct to disk recording and NetTime time server to insure the cam's overlay is accurate.

When you log into the cam's webGUI to get the time/date pointed to the NetTime server I'd remove that "Amcrest" logo and "IPC" if it were me..

Mikentosh2017

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uncheck the high definition box.

The yellow zones have to be much larger. The two around the car will almost never work, especially at night.

Change algorithm to simple at night. Edge Vector will miss a lot of the time at night with B/W images.

That field of view will be problematic trying to trigger for someone going to the driver side door.

These are not tripwires like in the camera GUI. Suggest a block of yellow for the area you want to trigger.

2 seconds is along time. Consider 1 second.

I would lower the contrast - I run most of mine at the min.

Make sure the FPS and iframes in the camera GUI match.

Attachments

Mikentosh2017

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also you might want to resolve which date/time display you want but not both, especially since they differ by 2 months and 2 hours, +/-.
I use the cam's overlay, direct to disk recording and NetTime time server to insure the cam's overlay is accurate.

When you log into the cam's webGUI to get the time/date pointed to the NetTime server I'd remove that "Amcrest" logo and "IPC" if it were me..
I found where I can sync the time with the PC. Is that what you meant?

I couldn’t find “NetTime”. I didn’t see where I can change the name.