My needs -> my camera - No public ip problem

jolly_82

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
In these days I’m “playing” with two IP cams:

The first is an indoor NC200 (TP-Link), I was looking for a wireless repeater and NC200 is also a cam, good combination in my opinion.
It has no so many features, still no time to investigate, the main feature I LOVE: the cam connects itself to TP-LINK cloud and from mobile app I can reach it wherever I’m

The second is an outdoor AP009 (Sricam). I’ve bought just to take confidence, not so bad, I’ve configured e-mail alert, ftp upload, etc good results for low price.
It has also an mobile (ios + android), the App scans inside local network and finds the cam, once it is connected, it goes well
It has a DDNS function that would allow me to do the same when I’m out from Home.

My problem is that I live in Italy, in the country and my internet connection is not by cable with an dynamic/static PUBBLIC IP address. I’ve a WIFI LINK with a repeater on the mountains and I can’t “get” out from ISP router.

So if the CAM works like the TP-LINK one, auto-connecting with the producer clout/app sustem, it works, otherwise I can’t see what is happening when I’m not at home.

Now I’ve solve with the outdoor cam which is uploading every 3 minutes a pic to the ftp site, I don’t like this solution, too raw…

Is there an outdoor cam similar to AP009 with same connection thank NC200 one?

greetings from Italy and thanks for your help and advices,
Andrea

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are simply looking for a cloud based camera, there are many options available. When you start looking at outdoor versions of cloud cameras your options begin to get smaller. It doesn't look like TP-Link has a version of camera that is meant for outdoor use, however, so connecting to your TP-Link cloud might not be doable with current options if outdoors is what you need.

Look at some of these and see if they are what you are looking for. Not sure about the delivery to Italy either (sorry).

D-Link Outdoor Cloud (DCS-2330L)
Arlo System by NETGEAR (VMS3230)

I personally would rather build it myself with better/different cameras, but it sounds like you are not able to configure the Internet where you are so you are mostly left with systems that use port 80 or 443 as the method to get into your cameras. Let us know if I am missunderstanding your setup.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jolly_82

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer, it is very useful for me.
Yes, your understanding is correct I can't do port forwarding as I have not a public ip

D-link camera seems to be ok for my needs, price/performance ratio is lower than other models, unfortunately

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk