My nvr doesn’t showing any cameras even in add section

Sivaram

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently bought an 8ch nvr from tp link and i have installed an hard drive when i connect my nvr to poe to an ip camera it doesn’t show any cameras
I have even connected to an working setup but still it doest show ip but when i connect to internet the lan port transmit data and internet working on the nvr but still no camera i am connecting other brand cameras like cp plus but which have alredy initialized any ideas or just i replace the nvr

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What model of TP-LINK NVR so we'll know if it's a POE NVR or are you using a POE switch for the POE cameras?

If using a POE switch, all the cameras and the NVR's LAN must be on the same subnet using unique static IP's that are outside of the router's DHCP pool.
The POE switch would connect to all the cameras, to the NVR and to the router.....don't connect NVR to router.

Sivaram

n3wb
Reaction score
What model of TP-LINK NVR so we'll know if it's a POE NVR or are you using a POE switch for the POE cameras?

If using a POE switch, all the cameras and the NVR's LAN must be on the same subnet using unique static IP's that are outside of the router's DHCP pool.
The POE switch would connect to all the cameras, to the NVR and to the router.....don't connect NVR to router.

Attachments

Sivaram

n3wb
Reaction score
I have connected poe to nvr and connected camera to poe but no cameras are showing in add camera section in nvr should i change nvr

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have connected poe to nvr and connected camera to poe but no cameras are showing in add camera section in nvr should i change nvr
Let's talk about cameras:
  • How many?
  • What makes and models are the cameras?
Also, did you comply with what I said in post #2 as below?

There's also a TP-LINK Vigi NVR User Guide that goes through the process.

Sivaram

n3wb
Reaction score
I have connected poe to cameras and then uplink to nvr.
If the nvr ip is 192.168
The cameras ip is 192.168.
Will it still show or i need to modify cameras ip
The cameras are cp plus iam currently using dahua nvr with cameras ip as 192.168.

But the same camera is not showing in the view section

Last edited:

Sivaram

n3wb
Reaction score
Bro thanks a lot its not in same ip pool a gateway was changed i just now found out thanks a lot.
i was going to return it but now its working properly no problem on the system its fine.
thank you. Man !!!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the nvr ip is 192.168.0.1
The cameras ip is 192.168.1.1
Will it still show or i need to modify cameras ip
You need to modify.
The "same subnet" means the numbers in the first three sets of numbers must be the same, as in 192.168.1.XXX or 192.168.0.XXX or 10.0.0.XXX.
Bro thanks a lot its not in same ip pool
Glad you found the issue and changed it.
thank you. Man !!!
You're welcome. :cool:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could you suggest me any ip out door camera which sounds an alarm if i cross a boundary
Im in india.
Consider the 5MP Vigi turret model # C450, as it has a high probability of working well with the Vigi NVR and should be available to you in India according to the TP-LINK site for India. It's POE or 12VDC. The sensor should be larger for a 5MP sensor but at least it has IR in addition to a visible white LED.

It's difficult to say according to the user guide whether or not it can sound alarm on its built-in speaker. Chapter 6.11 states "Go to Settings > Event > Alarm Device > Sound Alarm" to configure it. Perhaps your local vendor can clarify that for you.

It is available in 2.8 and 4.0mm focal lengths.