My nvr was stolen so i bought a new one but now my cameras wont connect

andrewda

n3wb
Reaction score
Im at a loss i have no clue why my new NVR wont pick up my cameras ive tried a ton of different configurations both plug and play and manual setup. I tried factory resetting one of the cameras and that didnt help either. Its currently showing network is unreachable on all 4 cameras or it will say username or password incorrect depending on my settings. Any help or direction is appreciated ive been googling and youtubing for days and havent made any progress.
MY network is 192.168.1.x
The nvr has an ip of 192.168.1.x but the internal nic has an ip of 192.168.254.x but doesnt let me change it.
Ive tried 192.168.1.x and 192.168.254.x on the cameras.

Last edited:

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What model NVR?

Do the cameras use their default username and password or did you change them previously?

Whatever username and password they use you will need to make sure the NVR connects to them using the same.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Need to know make and models of NVR and cameras.

Maybe you bought a replacement NVR that can't accept the MP or type of camera.

Are you using the NVR POE ports or a different switch?

andrewda

n3wb
Reaction score
What model NVR?

Do the cameras use their default username and password or did you change them previously?

Whatever username and password they use you will need to make sure the NVR connects to them using the same.

Model is : ds-7604ni-q1 / 4p

I don't remember ever setting passwords, as soon as I plugged them in before the video just showed up without any configuration.

andrewda

n3wb
Reaction score
Need to know make and models of NVR and cameras.

Maybe you bought a replacement NVR that can't accept the MP or type of camera.

Are you using the NVR POE ports or a different switch?
Model is : ds-7604ni-q1 / 4p
2 of the camera's are DS-2CD2143G0-1
Im using the POE ports on the NVR.

I plugged my computer ethernet cable directly into the nvr in one of the poe ports and ran the SADP software it finally picked up the cameras. 3 of them are on 192.168.0.x but one was on 192.168.1.x but when i put everything back i still cant see the one thats on the same subnet. When i had my pc plugged into it i did try to change the settings but all the passwords i tried said they were wrong. Not a clue what it could be, is there a way to reset it?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK there is no reason to be using the SADP tool.

Your best bet is to factory reset all of the cameras and the NVR and start over.

After you have factory reset, plug in the NVR and set it up.

Next plug in one camera and give it time to find it. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes. At that point it will assign the camera the user and password the same as the NVR

After that camera is found, then do the next camera and repeat until you are done.

Did you have the same model NVR? This one is pretty low capacity (40Mbps incoming bandwidth) and there is a chance if you are running high MP, FPS, and bitrate that it can't handle it.

I would suggest after each camera comes up, drop FPS to 10 and bitrate to 1024 until all the cameras come in, then adjust.

We have seen instances where the cameras are running higher MP and FPS and bitrate and then it cannot accept all the cameras.

andrewda

n3wb
Reaction score
OK there is no reason to be using the SADP tool.

Your best bet is to factory reset all of the cameras and the NVR and start over.

After you have factory reset, plug in the NVR and set it up.

Next plug in one camera and give it time to find it. Sometimes it can take 5-10 minutes. At that point it will assign the camera the user and password the same as the NVR

After that camera is found, then do the next camera and repeat until you are done.

Did you have the same model NVR? This one is pretty low capacity (40Mbps incoming bandwidth) and there is a chance if you are running high MP, FPS, and bitrate that it can't handle it.

I would suggest after each camera comes up, drop FPS to 10 and bitrate to 1024 until all the cameras come in, then adjust.

We have seen instances where the cameras are running higher MP and FPS and bitrate and then it cannot accept all the cameras.
Thanks for the info. I'll be trying to do this in the coming days. I'm pretty sure it's the same brand and tier (4 port poe basic model) it's definitely a newer model since the interface looks much nicer.

To factory reset the cameras is it just hold down reset for 30 seconds and then unplug power and hold for another 30 seconds and then plug back in and hold for 30 more seconds?
Thats what I found online just wasn't sure if it's accurate.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That should do it.

Sucks your NVR was stolen. Any leads on who took it? Did you have SD cards in the cameras?