MY OWN NEIGHBORS throwing their empty modellos outside my house

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
It never ends, does it?

I looked up their plate, turns out they were around the corner... I went and gave it back to them. They denied it of course, then once I said I had it on video, said they had nowhere to put it (yet their giant city trash can was right there)

Next time I'll get my crowbar out

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
when people get old..

Man-Looking-Out-Window.jpg

never understand why people even care about something like that. here we have public service. they come, collect and drive away.

its just a waste of lifetime even speak about it. you will never change their behaviour. just accept. acceptance is the key to hapiness

just my opinion..

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
those are call values. Why not reporting to the police, littering is something they will remember forever after paying the fine.
Yes, values.

But, reporting to the police doesn't really work anymore. Because in almost all locations now, getting a ticket written for this is damned near impossible. Used to be police, prosecutors, judges were on the side of law abiding citizens. Now, they are on their side, figuring out how to line their pockets at the least expense and work. This is why rich folks have walls around their properties...to keep the riffraff out.

MrRobinHood

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Forget the littering for a moment. The fact that they're cruising around their own neighbourhood drinking in their vehicle is WTF in itself.

How'd you get their home address too? Surely that's not info that's easily available from just a reg number?

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They're not even at the level of animals. Animals don't crap where they eat or live.
Humans have forgotten a lot of basic animal instincts as we have "evolved".

Close stores for a week and you would have absolute pandemonium from most humans who couldn't survive without microwavable food and cold cereal. Many of the folks here would be sitting on their front porch, shotgun in hand, drinking a beer, watching the fiasco. :oops: :eek::D:D:D

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We get it. Littering is a lousy thing to do. Copy.

But this pattern of behaviour of constantly going out, and engaging people while sometimes armed is reckless both for yourself and your family. Now you've extended that to exploiting the tools you have to hunt them down, stalk them and confront them...

The amazing thing is you likely find this all quite titillating. And all the while google is caching every moment of it all for eternity, which as you must realize law enforcement will one day make full use of when you're finally backed into a corner, and you, the litterer or an innocent bystander ends up dead.

You're well over the line once you start hunting litterbugs down .. you get that right? All foot stomping, bravado and righteous indignation aside..

You do have one of the most extensive home surveillance installs I've come across though, so why not just create monthly summaries of violators and then pass those off to the local bilaw enforcement office or law enforcement where required, and be done with it? Why this need to 'engage' constantly? I don't know you from Adam, but I'll be damned if I want to see you hurt over some trash on the curb.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
its just a waste of lifetime even speak about it. you will never change their behaviour. just accept. acceptance is the key to hapiness
I disagree completely, so far 100% of the people I've confronted about littering have never again stopped outside my house, let alone litter outside my house.

So at the very least, its getting them to do it somewhere else, but if more and more people like me start calling them on their crap, they might just start to get the hint that its not okay to dump their trash in the road

What you tolerate, you encourage

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m curious - what service or site are you using to look this up?
Public Data for license plates, but since I know where they live you can also look up HCAD property tax records. Of course it doesn't help if they rent (Hint, the ones throwing trash ALWAYS do)

Public Data is quite outdated though, so you can't use it on its own, you usually have to verify the information is accurate

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
We get it. Littering is a lousy thing to do. Copy.

But this pattern of behaviour of constantly going out, and engaging people while sometimes armed is reckless both for yourself and your family. Now you've extended that to exploiting the tools you have to hunt them down, stalk them and confront them...

The amazing thing is you likely find this all quite titillating. And all the while google is caching every moment of it all for eternity, which as you must realize law enforcement will one day make full use of when you're finally backed into a corner, and you, the litterer or an innocent bystander ends up dead.

You're well over the line once you start hunting litterbugs down .. you get that right? All foot stomping, bravado and righteous indignation aside..

You do have one of the most extensive home surveillance installs I've come across though, so why not just create monthly summaries of violators and then pass those off to the local bilaw enforcement office or law enforcement where required, and be done with it? Why this need to 'engage' constantly? I don't know you from Adam, but I'll be damned if I want to see you hurt over some trash on the curb.

I'm not going to tolerate people throwing their trash outside my house, period. Thanks for your opinion though

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I disagree completely, so far 100% of the people I've confronted about littering have never again stopped outside my house, let alone litter outside my house.

So at the very least, its getting them to do it somewhere else, but if more and more people like me start calling them on their crap, they might just start to get the hint that its not okay to dump their trash in the road

What you tolerate, you encourage
I agree or like to put it, "what you allow is what will continue". Everyone should be held accountable for their actions in one way or another.
Ultimately that goes the same for confronting people too. All it takes is 1 time, 1 person that doesn't give a shit to end your life or someone else's.
As long as you acknowledge and accept that, then do your thing.
I'm not self righteous or a vigilante, but I'm right there with you.
Tired of mindless dipshits trashing my property or neighbor's...I pay good money for my house and the property it sits on...I will make people feel like shit that mindlessly trash it up.

UPDATE: I do also agree though, this may have been better to turn over to the cops. Hopefully they would have been one of the precincts that would have issued a ticket and the fine would hopefully be an unforgettable lesson. :idk::idk:

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On a positive note, you could always do what one of your neighbors did in Houston. He might have had the same problem that you do. You would have a never ending supply of material. Maybe make a few $ on the side.

Modello Beer can house