My reputation predeceases me.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'll spare you all the standard welcome verbiage I normally post.

Keep your wallet in your pocket with JideTech, either that or I'll give you my address and you can send me the money you'd spend. Yeah, you'll still be out the money but you won't have the frustration and disappointment so I am saving you something :rofl:

The goto camera for an AI PTZ is the 49225 series from Dahua. It's a 1/2.8" sensor doing 2MP which is the "sweet spot" for night performance and resolution. There's a newer model, 49425 I believe, and I think that's a 1/1.8" sensor doing 4MP. There's also a "laser IR" model you might want to look at but the prices go up significantly, at least for my wallet.

In any event contact Andy at EmpireTech and he'll steer you in the right direction as well as give you a great price and excellent support. If you do decide on a 49225 definitely buy it from him. Dahua has stripped the AI, auto tracking, from it to get you to buy a more expensive model, but Andy supplies them with the AI firmware.

25X PTZ
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. 49225 and whatever letters make the most sense.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Not Happy with my Noob Jidetech 2Mp PTZ purchase. Needs browser plugins, that don't seem to stay working. Doesn't have clear control over I-frames. Doesn't have clear day night menu's not as configureable as the Dahua type products. Didn't really know wtf I was doing.

I was ignorantly trying to get one camera to do too many things. I replaced with with an over view 5442 Turret and a Loryta IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E Bullet cam for license plate capture. Your needs may vary. The Jidetach PTZ is now bolted to an exterior block wall watching the Geeese eat my grass and shit in theback yard... With an occasional Condo owner coming or going to work. heres a night Jidetech photo of my computer screen with a Mail thief who attempted entry to the Outbox in the Lobby. the other is a 5241E-z12E photo of the same area. quite a difference. I threw in a Kia coming in on the 5442 AS-LED.28mm over view cam. mar84.jpg109 or 115.jpgjb324.jpgjr108.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
with enough light The Jidetech can provide some functionality. as a fixed parking lot cam. It's actually got good optics, but the controls are dismal. jidetech2mp.png

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not Happy with my Noob Jidetech 2Mp PTZ purchase. Needs browser plugins, that don't seem to stay working. Doesn't have clear control over I-frames. Doesn't have clear day night menu's not as configureable as the Dahua type products. Didn't really know wtf I was doing.

I was ignorantly trying to get one camera to do too many things. I replaced with with an over view 5442 Turret and a Loryta IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E Bullet cam for license plate capture. Your needs may vary. The Jidetach PTZ is now bolted to an exterior block wall watching the Geeese eat my grass and shit in theback yard... With an occasional Condo owner coming or going to work. heres a night Jidetech photo of my computer screen with a Mail thief who attempted entry to the Outbox in the Lobby. the other is a 5241E-z12E photo of the same area. quite a difference. I threw in a Kia coming in on the 5442 AS-LED.28mm over view cam. View attachment 92510View attachment 92511View attachment 92515View attachment 92516
Flint,
Man you bought a Jibetech! In my very first post Ever I said I was considering one but the name made me grab my wallet and run. Sebastian backed me. Maybe Jibetech means Royal Exalted Camera in China but here…. Maybe their programmer is on the way to our southern border by way of Moldavia (documents)
Sorry to hit you hard. Hope you get up and running toot sweet.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Must have looked like a great cam 2 years back. The images look pretty good. I don’t need nearly the distance.

I’m sure glad I found you folks there’s a lot of moving parts to consider when making a decision. Like this effect MP has on night vision results.

No way in hell I could have found this on my own. Google … I would have had to ask the question here the community Told Me “Hey Luke don’t chase MP”

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A little more about me. I change hobbies like socks and I'm over the top with all of them. Cases in point.
I'm sticking with woodworking. I can't build electronics because I've developed tremors. Can't probe a circuit with 400VAC using shaky hands. (Can't find the photo demonstrating this)
The 57 went many years back out of my skill set and pay grade. The FJ took me to some magnificent places and I made some great friends but I have some disorders that kept me from continuing with the meets. I tried like hell to make the 130MPH club at the Bonneville Salt Flats. I tore off all the off road Iron and bolted on some FI electronics but I could only make 116.

Attachments