N00B Oldie from the UK...be gentle with me :-)

Hi all. :wave:

Just registered as I'm gonna be getting myself sorted with a CCTV system for home in the near future after fitting a Reolink system for a mate at his house and being well impressed with it. :D

I'm not an installer in any way shape or fashion (ex BT Cable Jointer) but he'd already bought it and seeing as he's a builder with no wiring experience whatsoever really, he asked me if I would get all the camera's fitted and get it working. Needless to say, it all went really well and it meant I got bitten by the bug after seeing just what it's capable of.

I've been general CCTV browsing online for the last couple of weeks and finding out a lot more about CCTV in general, hence my registration here as I would like to go down the Blue Iris route with whatever system I decide to get so I'm gonna post my Q's in (hopefully) the correct section to get advice off the experts here.

Cya soon :D

• Wow
Reactions: EMPIRETECANDY
Good lord, except for their new Doorbell Cam, avoid anything from Reolink.
Pure trash.
See this: (2) Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)" | IP Cam Talk
Read the reviews here.

:welcome:

Ouch !! I've just posted what I propose to do at my house before I spotted your reply so I expect to get a little errr......advice from that thread :lol:

Well, that's what these forums are for in my book, educating the uninitiated ;)

Reactions: looney2ns