N45EF63 finally installed

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have just installed this bullet into its new nest, replacing the 5442tm -as
I wanted a dedicated color cam, since the other cam produced color as well, and the Dahua N model should do it better.
I'm figuring this would be better suited, and I can put the turret to use somewhere else.
I'm no genius at settings at all, so I have lots of settings available to try out.
I do like it so far, as one thing noticed is that my driveway and front door cfl lights used to have big halo rings around them.
I still have a big white glow, from the yellow producing lights, but that odd distracting halo is gone.
Color is more defined and vibrant also at close and range.
I'll try to get some pics out. I don't have any web picture accounts anywhere, except for a truck website that shows off my old custom RumbleBee.
It a F1.2 sensor and a 3.6 mm. lens.
Cam_1.20200613_231605737.jpg
pic file is only 445k or so..

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
do you have any comparable shots from the 5442tm -as ?

I would aim it a bit lower so as to remove more of the the reflective ceiling/soffit.
Also, the porch light on the right would be more helpful out of the FoV (aim a bit to the left)...

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll lower it this eve.
here's the 5442- the night before in same place but about 10" higher up.
Cam_1.20200611_213700040.jpg

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm in a posting mood. Here's the 5442 Z4E about 20% zoom
20200614_160704.png
the sign posted is about 200 ft. away - I can read Posted Lake Maurice on it from viewing it on blue iris on my pc.
far end of lake 1/4 mile out.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a setting here on this new camera. It is called LDC on the Conditions page. I don't think I noticed it before on my other cameras, or I wasn't paying attention.
When on, it looks to zoom in about 10 degrees.
I can't find info from the Dahua WiKi on this. Anyone knows if this is a digital or an optical zoom.?
These 2 pics are set with SSA turned on because I get a white out at certain times of the morning our across the street, along with a dark scene near my chairs.
WB is: regional custom setting. contrast is up to 63, to give some added color.
Cam_1 LDC off.jpgCam_1 LDC on.jpg

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's the specs for this cam, I should have posted them before.
N45EF63specsa.png

shalem2014

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a setting here on this new camera. It is called LDC on the Conditions page. I don't think I noticed it before on my other cameras, or I wasn't paying attention.
When on, it looks to zoom in about 10 degrees.
I can't find info from the Dahua WiKi on this. Anyone knows if this is a digital or an optical zoom.?
Digital zoom. LDC is Lens Distortion Correction, and it's available on the higher FOV cameras.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
this cam is awesome at night with just a small lamp on. I tried my 5231r-ze forced color on at night, a bit more light too, no comparison..
Sorry Andy, I had to get this from B&H, I had a hole in my pocket and I couldn't wait 3, 4 weeks..