Nano Station, Ethernet Power Line Adapter for an impractical to hardwire camera area?

CPM10V

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd like to install a Dahua camera to monitor my driveway area but am unable to run Ethernet wire to the area (the one area impractical to do so). I was able to get the wire to most areas but the garage spot is more difficult than I want to deal with.
I've heard an option in this situation is to use a Ubiquiti "Nano Station" or an ethernet power line adapter? Anyone have experience with either of these methods? I really don't want to have to put up a wifi camera.
I have a simple set up with a Ubiquiti 24 port switch sending power/signal to two Dahua cameras. I can get power to the camera area no problem.

Does the Nano Station act like a wireless switch or receiver without using wifi? Thanks for any insight!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes many people here use those successfully and is far better than a wifi cam.

A search here on nanostation and powerline will pull up dozens of posts of members here using them.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, I've got a Powerline adapter in my garage and then out back in my shed. I've got 5 cams in the shed and you'd never know they weren't hardwired the whole way. Never a problem. YMMV

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, I've got a Powerline adapter ..... Never a problem. YMMV
Which one do you use Sir?

Nano's are great if you have line of sight. Sometimes work at close distance through obstacles.