Need a hidden IP cam, preferably wireless

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]All my experience is in commercial, and now I have a house to deal with.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3 story house on grade[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NVR in basement[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4 exterior cameras. I plan on running all cables in attic, put a switch and AP in attic. Due to vaulted ceiling, we only have to go through the ceiling, and one wall to stairwell with NVR[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 hidden cam in basement[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 hidden cams on main level[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I plan on using a Dahua NVR, and need something that is hidden like a fake smoke detector, motion sensor etc for the 3 hidden cams. It would be great if the device was wireless. They have a special needs child who has been abused by sitters and they want to keep an eye on the sitter.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Just finished basement out in drywall (no drop ceiling) and painted whole house. No drywall cutting.... [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I included 2 locations where I need cameras. The 3rd I don't seem to have a picture of but its just a corner, no cabinet. Just an outlet[/FONT]

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
all the ones already 'hidden' are pure shit in comparison to the dahuas, they do make some pinhole dahua's but they are not wifi and they are only 720p.. mebe you can put one in a picture frame or something on a shelf..

and running 3 wireless cameras is iffy on Wifi.. one can work, two might work, three all bets are off.. guess if they are super low resolution and bitrate then you might get 3 on but wireless is never recommended, all the sitter has to do is make some popcorn while they are abusing the child and you'll never get it as the camera's feed will be getting nuked by the oven.

Wires have to be ran to provide power, soo if they wont let you do any of that nonsence.. mebe a battery powered Nanny cam or Go Pro? wont get live video w/the power limitations but you can review it later.

GH75

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hum8101-1160.html

we used that one before and I had a tech put it in a smoke detector. Seemed to work pretty good

Instead of wifi what about something like Ubiquiti Pico Stations. https://www.ubnt.com/airmax/picostationm/

We use a ton of Ubiquiti in apartment communities with decent results and we typically send up to 6 3MP cameras across a link.

But I think the ethernet over power is the best bet.

Now to find a way to put in a covert camera.... This is too much work. I dont do this much design work on 20 camera systems... LOL

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it were me personally I'd just put up some vandal proof indoor cameras w/IR and Audio covering most important areas, screw hiding them.. the point is not to have the kid be abused in the first place, so then just casually mention the possibility of additional hidden cameras in addition to the visible ones they do see and then they wont consider the risk of any abuse because they will think eyes are always on them.. throw teddy bears randomly on shelves so they never know haha.

with employees psyching up security/surveillance capabilities is just part of the game, make em think they are always being watched and the'll keep there head down and do there job.. shrug.

if something does happen chances are evidence will be avilable on a camera in the main rooms, even if just audio of verbal abuse on the other side of the house..