Need a little help

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Im not a MAc guy so I cant say, Mac may work..? If you are using a Mac try that first.

Click the IE icon, it will open the camera web interface.

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, I'm in the camera successfully but says I download a plug in to view the video. I'm just going to log in through Windows.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Not a big deal for what you need right now. Make your encode settings on thec amera, and view on SmartPSS on your laptop.

Yeah the camera interfaces and plug ins can be a pain. Try using Pale Moon and/or IE on Windows.

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I finally got into the camera and seeing the video feeds using W10 with Edge browser works great. A couple of questions I have for you.

Is there a manual for this (so I can stop bothering you)...lol?

I set up 1 camera so far for with 3 IVS rules. Do I still have to goto Storage>Schedule for it to work/record, or will my IVS rules I set up to record be fine?

How do I get this all this set up to record on my NVR? There were 3 option local (no memory cards in cameras), FTP or NAS? I selected NAS but I was not sure if that would work.

Thanks for all your help,
AC

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Once you set the IVS rules, (unless you are recording to an SD card on the camera itself), don’t mess with any of the record settings on the camera. The NVR will do the recording

go to the NVR and set the recording schedule per my PSA post.

Inbouwkast

n3wb
Reaction score
Once you set the IVS rules, (unless you are recording to an SD card on the camera itself), don’t mess with any of the record settings on the camera. The NVR will do the recording

go to the NVR and set the recording schedule per my PSA post.
Thx for the tips, i'm reading this post also and learn alot while i'm testing alot of settings. I found it hard what to set in camera itself and what to set in the nvr. A copuple of settings i tried:

IVS camera setup: Found it very hard to setup. If i setup the schedule in the camera itself i can see on the "NVR live view" when its active or not ( think that is very usefull). But the main schedule "Storage-schedule" setup doesn't work. Because i've drawn the setup in the camera. Same goes for the setup "AI-parameters-IVS-Schedule" doesn't work.

IVS NVR setup: In this case ive drawn the lines from "AI-parameters-IVS" Drawn lines are always visual on the live screen ( you cant see if its active or not ). Main schedule is not working, only the schedule you made "AI-parameters-IVS-Schedule" in there.

soo the main schedule is useless when working woth IVS, in my opinion. can't get it working. Only the seperate schedule settings per tripwire are working.

My setting now is the camera setup: draw lines in the camera setup, put in the schedule like you want. Leave al the vink boxes for record,snapshot, send e-mail open en set that part up in the NVR.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Remember, these instructions apply only to Dahua NVR's that have a built-in PoE switch and ports using Dahua cameras.

Make all IVS rules on the camera. Same with all image, resolution, encoding, adjustments etc

The recording schedule details on the camera only apply to recording on the camera SD card or a separate NAS.
if using an NVR, make ALL recording schedule settings on the NVR and leave those on the camera to default. They dont apply.

**In order for IVS to work, you must turn on SmartPlan on the individual cameras.

SmartPlan.jpg

Last edited:

Inbouwkast

n3wb
Reaction score
My setup: NVR4104-P-4KS2
IPC-T2431T-AS

Both are from Andy.

If i set the IVS rules on the camera and the schedule on the NVR. The schedule on the NVR is not working. The schedule from the camera is "leading, and by default its on for 24/7.

1585578574118.png 1585578633630.png 1585578676434.png 1585578747658.png

As you can see ( today its monday if the afternoon) the NVR should not record anything when the tripwire is activated. But it does activate.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It will activate, recording and activating/tripping are two different things.

Inbouwkast

n3wb
Reaction score
But when its activated ill receive an e-mail that my wire as tripped and i will get a push notifaction from gdmss. I dont want that to happen 24/7 only on certain times.

btw i realy appreciate all your patience and help :D

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct, its working as expected. But that has nothing to do with RECORDING the event on the recording timeline.

IVS settings as to when or when not to trip are set on the camera IVS rule. recording is distinctly separate and set on the NVR

Inbouwkast

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm learning every minute. Realy hard to figure out what to set where. Couldn't find it anywere but here. Soo, thanks for all the help and i like your PSA post! keep up to hard work.

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Question I followed all instructions logged into each camera set up some simple md on some cameras and ivs rule on another camera. Then went to my nvr via IP address and set schedule for recording nothing is recording. I think the cameras are conflicting with my nvr when I initially set it up buy connected with mouse and set up directly through the hardware gui. Is there anyway to reset my nvr back to factory settings and start from scratch? Since now I have a better idea on how to set up.

AC

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you just go delete any/all recording rules in the cameras the NVR should take over....reboot each device after making the changes.

Be sure you have ALL of the recording screens set on the NVR. Look at my thumbnails.

How are you checking/accessing recordings? Perhaps it is and you don’t know it...

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I would go to the NVR to verify and/or SmartPSS on a pc

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would go to the NVR to verify and/or SmartPSS on a pc

I just put smartpss On computer see there

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Double check all of the necessary screens have been set to record using my thumbnails in the PSA