Need a new Qomputer

KMeyer

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased the Dell 7040 i7-6700 on ebay from tKing2002 for $60.00 and the 500GB Smasung EVO SSD from Amazon for $158.90. But I had to scrimp and settle for a 500CD Blue Iris data drive and only 8GB of ram, both of which I'll probably upgrade at a later date.
Good job of shopping. Thanks for sharing.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Dell 7040 has arrived and it appears to be in as new condition. What surprised me is how small the machine is. I had looked at the spec dims before the purchase, but I was pleasantly surprised by how diminutive this unit is. I really didn't want a large tower and this "Mini-Tower" (7040 MT) fits the bill perfectly. I popped the 500GB SSD inside it and loaded with on the SSD and I'm good to go. The machine is smoking fast...very impressive and I'm completely satisfied with this purchased. However, loading Solar Winds Dameware Mini Remote Control is the usual nightmare. Solar Winds licensing scheme sucks and -- as a result -- Solar Winds sucks. I have an legitimate activation key but it seems that Solar Winds wants to turn activation into The Inquisition...

Thank you for contacting Solarwinds Customer Service.

To troubleshoot your license issue, I need the following information so that we can solve your license issue. With the complexity of DameWare, please give us as much information as possible. If a question does not relate, please type in N/A.

What version are you attempting to register:
Where was the download pulled from, Customer portal or other location:
Is this a new install or clone/reimage:
Was the registration via License Manager, what version did you use:
What error message did you receive (please send screen shot):
Are you connected to the internet:

When we receive your feedback, we will respond back with steps to correct your issue based on the above information.
Are you connected to the internet...FuQ you too Solar Winds.

Hats off to UltraEdit though: activating the installation of this product was a breeze.

dell-7040.jpg