Need a reversing or backup cam (pref wireless) for my van

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought a new to me van which really needs a reverse or backup cam (depending on which side of the pond you’re on). Are Wi-Fi models worth considering? Any particular brands ?

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran a wired one in a previous SUV. There's really not that much to it. You just need some plastic pry tools like these:
Watch a few youtube videos and you should be good to go. In a lot of areas you are just pulling molding up a little bit to get the wire under it, you don't even have to dislodge any clips along most of the run, or at least I didn't have to.

If you go wireless you are still going to have to hook the camera into the tail light or some other power source to get it power...IDK, I've never installed a wireless one before.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks matt, i did look at some yt videos for wired installation. Doing so put me off, as some people have trouble routing wires through bodywork, especially where insulation type materials exists. Understand that it needs power source in any case, but that should be a simpler task to tap into the reverse light at the back/tail.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I haven't tried any but have seen them advertised on RV sites. Not in the market so didn't pay much attention. Seems if they will work from rear of a long travel trailer, they would do great in a van.