Need advice on PTZ cams

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@djernie - what shutter speed are you running that PTZ to get plates? And how do you keep the focus at night?

Reaction score
@djernie - what shutter speed are you running that PTZ to get plates? And how do you keep the focus at night?
It keeps the focus at night because i do not move it at night. I have a preset for license plate reading which i set during the day. i parked my car at the corner and set the camera where it needed to be to read the plates, and that was my preset. So during the day when i move it around to look at things i just hit the preset and i do not move it when it gets dark. Here are my settings.
current setting 1.pngcurrent setting 2.pngcurrent setting 3.pngcurrent setting 4.pngcurrent setting 5.pngcurrent setting 6.pngcurrent setting 7.pngcurrent setting 8.pngcurrent setting 9.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@djernie - ok that makes sense - I was wondering how you got around the focus issue and thought maybe you found how to set the focus like we can the Dahua fixed cams. I have even tried to find an API that could set the focus for a PTZ to no avail. Wouldn't it be nice if you could move it around at night and then run an API to bring it back to this preset, settings, and focus! I have all but the focus part figured out, other than do what you do and not move it during the night.

jmulvihill

n3wb
Reaction score
I would avoid PTZ unless it had auto-tracking.
Here is my PTZ recommendation:
Ms.EddyQue
Anxinshi Technology Co.,Ltd
Email:eddyq@astcct.com
Web:www.astcct.com
Tel:+86-755-28359257
Fax:+86-755-83241953
WhatsApp/Mobile:+86-13927402221
Wechat:498866541
(See attached picture for PTZ detail)

For NON-PTZ
I like these:
360 view, 5MP for digital zoom, POE option, plus audio option. Never miss anything.

Attachments

Elmojo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have no need for auto-tracking, since I'm not using this for security or surveillance purposes.