Need An Indoor Camera Recommendation

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for something I can place on a shelf. Need PTZ with auto tracking and works with Blue Iris. This is my current camera (no zoom). This is what I found that I think might be a good replacement Tuya Onvif Ip Camera Smart Indoor Wifi Ptz Camera 1080p Wireless Security Camera With Auto Tracking Support Alexa Google Home - Ip Camera - AliExpress . What is the best current option available for my needs?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Baubas Read the product details for Tuya more carefully. There is no optical zoom. I don't think that camera is any better than the Amcrest, both are PT cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on what @wittaj said about the Amcrest IP2M-841, I have 4 of them and 3 are on their own dedicated Asus AP (a wireless router set to AP mode).
It's a re-branded Dahua and is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $40, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed. Note that its zoom is digital, not optical, as are most indoor cams of this genre and price point.

It comes with a USB Type A male to USB micro male cord, about 10 feet long and is furnished with a UL-Listed 5VDC @ 1.5A adapter with Type A female USB

IMPORTANT NOTE: A big plus IMO for the Amcrest over the Tuya you linked is that the Amcrest also has an Ethernet (wired) port in addition to Wi-Fi. The Tuya is pictured and spec'd as Wi-Fi only. Also, I would not be surprised if the only way you can set the Tuya up is with an app which you use to scan a QR code.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How is the IP2M-841 different over my current Amcrest (IP2M-841B-V3) and why that one over the newer IP4M-1041?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not much different. I thought you were looking for an additional, but if it is to replace, then there really isn't much else out there, especially at that price point that will also work with BI.

Most will recommend the 2MP over the 4MP as they are on the same size sensor.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I will stick with my current camera.