need both cables?

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to power the pir by itself i connect the 2.1mm x 5.5mm Female CCTV Power Jack Adapter to the splitter.then from splitter to injector i connect ethernet cable to poe output correct?

[h=1]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MHUN7S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1QUHU5SP0WQFD[/h]

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope. Run the Huisun by itself off a single POE cable, preferably POE+ but it doesn't seem to be required. Specs say it needs something like 17w IIRC and POE gives 15.4w max. Some folks have measured its draw and haven't found it over 15.4w and lots of folks are running them from POE switches or cheapo POE injectors. There may be some issues with cheap injectors causing fried Huisuns or the Huisuns causing cheap injectors to fail and possibly taking out the Huisun at the same time. This is in addition to seemingly unreliable POE boards in the Huisun itself. Sooo, at least run a separate power line to the cam to be safe and run another line and split its power to the light and PIR. Or, you could get a POE+ injector and splitter and use that to power the cam and your other gear from the single line, but you're probably better off financially running a separate 12v line from a suitable wall socket (plug in a 12v DC wart) to the PIR and light. I run my Huisun from a POE+ switch.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the maximum feet I can extend the line for 12v dc wArt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know. Depends on a number of things, but mostly wire gauge and voltage tolerance of the PIR and light. If the PIR stops working at, say, 11.8v then not very far. If it keeps working at 10v then quite a ways. Lots of voltage drop calculators on the web. 18/2 is a good gauge to use. You can also get variable voltage power supplies for longer runs. If you get a 2v drop over your run and the PIR won't tolerate 10v then select 14v on the power supply to compensate.