Need direction on a solution for dance studio

MMO3

n3wb
Reaction score
I need some general recommendations before I continue reading through all of the great suggestions on this site. I am new to this technology. I don’t do this professionally – I am doing this because I know a little about computers & technology in general and . . . my wife ‘requested’ that I do this for her dance studio business (ballet & tap dance for kids not pole for strippers). The requirements include the following:

1. Installing a single video camera in each of 3 studios that feed back to a lobby area so the parents can monitor what is going on while they wait. While not really required, recording of teacher/student interaction for future review is a plus. Remote (on & off-site) access to view is a requirement for studio owner. Remote access by parents not required but could be a plus

All proposed camera locations capable of an easy run back to a central location so I am leaning towards a PoE solution for all.

2. While I am climbing around in the drop ceiling running cat5 and installing studio cameras, I would like to also incorporate up to 5 additional cameras to make up a security/surveillance solution to monitor entrances, exits, office area & parking lot. Recording of video is a requirement. Displaying of video in the lobby area from the 5 additional ‘security’ cameras is NOT a requirement. Remote (on & off-site) access by studio owner is required.

My original thought was to wall mount 3 small TV’s or PC monitors in the lobby and have a feed from each studio display on one of them at all times. However, in initial research I am having a hard time finding a single device that can take the feeds from 3 cameras and display it on 3 different monitors AND record video surveillance from 5 additional cameras. Split screen might be an option on a larger display but perpetually scrolling thru feeds on a single display doesn’t seem like a desirable solution.

Any thoughts, recommendations or directions would be much appreciated.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I need some general recommendations before I continue reading through all of the great suggestions on this site. I am new to this technology. I don’t do this professionally – I am doing this because I know a little about computers & technology in general and . . . my wife ‘requested’ that I do this for her dance studio business (ballet & tap dance for kids not pole for strippers). The requirements include the following:

1. Installing a single video camera in each of 3 studios that feed back to a lobby area so the parents can monitor what is going on while they wait. While not really required, recording of teacher/student interaction for future review is a plus. Remote (on & off-site) access to view is a requirement for studio owner. Remote access by parents not required but could be a plus

All proposed camera locations capable of an easy run back to a central location so I am leaning towards a PoE solution for all.

2. While I am climbing around in the drop ceiling running cat5 and installing studio cameras, I would like to also incorporate up to 5 additional cameras to make up a security/surveillance solution to monitor entrances, exits, office area & parking lot. Recording of video is a requirement. Displaying of video in the lobby area from the 5 additional ‘security’ cameras is NOT a requirement. Remote (on & off-site) access by studio owner is required.

My original thought was to wall mount 3 small TV’s or PC monitors in the lobby and have a feed from each studio display on one of them at all times. However, in initial research I am having a hard time finding a single device that can take the feeds from 3 cameras and display it on 3 different monitors AND record video surveillance from 5 additional cameras. Split screen might be an option on a larger display but perpetually scrolling thru feeds on a single display doesn’t seem like a desirable solution.

Any thoughts, recommendations or directions would be much appreciated.
We have helped many dance studios with single camera and multiple camera live display systems. You can check out some of these live camera display systems here. Dance Studio Live Video Camera TV Monitor Display Systems