Need firmware 3.3.4 for DS-7608N-E2/8P

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a DS-7608N-E2/8P (!Not DS-7608NI-E2/8P) and I need to upgrade it to version 3.3.4. Is there anyone that have this firmware it will very appreciated.

Regards

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the same NVR and although I did get it updated to 3.3.4 at one time, I had some problems with it. The main one that I noticed was not being able to change the camera's recording fps for events (ie, motion, line crossing, etc...) which was a big let down for my preferences. Since I couldn't get it to work, I went down to 3.3.2 and was able to get all the options working. Maybe there were other problems with 3.3.4, but I didn't bother to check. I do know some people having issues with emails not working with 3.3.4, but not all. Guess it depends which NVR model you are using, and based on the info I've read is mostly the DS-7608NI-E2/8P. All the information about upgrading is here in the forum, but I must warn you that is not as simple as just finding the firmware and upgrading from the web gui. For a DS-7608N-E2/8P depending on which firmware version you have, you will need to follow a specific order and will more than likely need to modify the language flag for them, except the 3.3.4 (you will need the Chinese firmware). Good luck.

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the answer. I'm well known informed about Hikvision and all the firmware world actually...

I really need the file digicap.dav (firmware 3.3.4) for my NVR cause the next camera (firmware 5.3.3) wont connect at all to the NVR even manually.

Are you able to post your 3.3.4 firmware here for me? Ill do the rest im confortable with all language change tool already.

Regards,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep im aware of this site. I did try the mention firmware. But even through the gui or with the tftp server the firmware dont wont to be upgraded ...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try the Chinese 78xxN version? Though any of those linked should work OK.

OK, what was the error message?
If a language mismatch, you can change the language of the firmware header with the very useful Hiktools, stickied on this site.
And did the tftp process run OK, transferring the file?

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
From the WEBGUI interface I got "Upgrade Failed" .... From the TFTP Server, the transmission starts correctly, the connection works fine, the DIGICAP.DAV is transmit .... and SUDDENLY the NVR rebooted with a BIP without completed the upgrade and I'm still at 3.3.2

I know the HIKTOOLS to change the language. If someone can send me the FILE from the Chinese website I will try it, cause I did "CLICK" on the link on the chinese WebSite and I got only the AGREEMENT POPUP bullshit.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
cause I did "CLICK" on the link on the chinese WebSite and I got only the AGREEMENT POPUP bullshit.
I just tried the site and it worked OK (IE11).
It won't work with Chrome 46 or with Bing translate active.
You could also try the file on a USB memory stick and the VGA/HDMI interface.

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
I have downloaded the Firmware with Firefox on the Chinese Website and I did the upgrade to 3.3.4! Finally, however my CAM DS-2CD2135-IF (Firmware 5.3.3) still not connect on the NVR ... Any ideas? The webgui says (after I did manually configured the camera) Network Abnormal ...

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
Great news! I finally make it works. I put the internal NIC address at 192.168.1.254 in the NVR and I have configured the CAM manually and it works.

Thanks all for your supported, the 3.3.4 from the Chinese website is the solution. BY THE WAY, I didn't change anything on the firmware, i didn't use the HIKTOOLS.EXE and my NVR is still in ENGLISH on 3.3.4

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Default the camera then try to reconnect it to the NVR.

Also, now you must have a secure password on the NVR before the cameras will display. Passwords have to be at least 8 characters and contain one letter and one number.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for getting there!
But I'm puzzled why this would do anything useful:
put the internal NIC address at 192.168.1.254 in the NVR and I have configured the CAM manually and it works.
Is that an address on your regular LAN segment?
Was the address initially 192.168.254.1?
And what address did you manually assign to the camera?

By the way - don't forget to now save a copy of the NVR configuration somewhere safe, tagged with a reference to the firmware version. In there somewhere is the selection for English menus.

CyberVoyou

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll will explain this ... If you don't have a POE switch to be able to change the IP address of your CAM, by default those camera has the IP 192.168.1.64... My others CAM got detected PLUG N PLAY and it doesn't matter to have or not a POE switch to change their IP ... Firmware 5.3.3 doesn't work with PlugNPlay. So after I changed the internal IP for 192.168.1.254, i have added manually my CAM that have the IP 192.168.1.64 and I was able at least to connect it on my NVR and test their functions.

So I have bought a POE switch to be able to change and configure better all my new CAMs and i am now able to add them manually to my NVR and they are supported since a have upgraded my NVR to 3.3.4. It was a complex scenario here. So far, I was expecting that the PLUG N PLAY function will work all the time whatever version of Hikvision CAM i will buy. I was wrong...

I don't know if i'm enought clear in my explanation here ... My English isn't to good.