Need firmware to chinese IPCAM-100 ip camera.

ha3

n3wb
Reaction score
Chinese brand is KingCam but Zoneminder recognize it as Dahua IPC-HFW2225B.

Current firmware is: V1.2.1452-20170804-HDP2P-GEN

It's nightmare to configure this camera, because there is no manual or any information available.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ask the vendor who sold it to you to provide you with the most current firmware.

ha3

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been contacted already twice to seller who sold me this camera. Keep saying that engineer is solving my problem, whatever that means.. Does anyone has any information about this camera model? This works fine with ZoneMinder, but new firmware or source code is still needed.

Reaction score
I've been contacted already twice to seller who sold me this camera. Keep saying that engineer is solving my problem, whatever that means.. Does anyone has any information about this camera model? This works fine with ZoneMinder, but new firmware or source code is still needed.
How did you configure it into zoneminder please?? Had a bad moment for getting it into DHCP mode, getting the rtsp address, port and stream addresses, still doesn't work into my zoneminder... only with ffplay, even vlc cant play it

Reaction score
I have similar. I bought a Jooan TC-734NVR 4 wi-fi camera and NVR set from Amazon UK (https://www.amazon.co.uk/JOOAN-TC-734NVR-4N-Wireless-Security-Recorder/dp/B0196BGLXS). If I go to the IP addresses of the 4 individual cameras in IE (and only IE, as it refuses to work with anything else), then I can see the same screen as you do above (see attached). The camera talk to the NVR correctly, but I wanted to record footage directly to the cloud rather than just the NVR, so have been trying to understand more about them.

I scanned the cameras with nmap and found that they have an undocumented telnet service listening on port 24 (rather than the default 23). When I connect to telnet on each camera, it challenges me with "grain-media login:" - Grain Media sold IP camera system-on-a-chip, but its website (Grain Media, Inc.) indicates that it has since been sold to a company called Novatek. I've tried guessing the telnet username and password, but they are not obvious. I've tried brute-forcing the credentials with ncrack, but with no joy as yet.

I've not been able to get the cameras to work with VLC, iSpy or any other third party apps (I tried everything related to Connect to GRAIN IP cameras). Please let me know if you have more luck!

Attachments

Reaction score
I could get working the rtsp stream with ffplay 'ffplay -i rtsp://cameraIP/stream1' or 'ffplay -i rtsp://cameraIP/stream1' maybe you'll get able to get informations about the stream with ffplay or even with sniffing the packets with wireshark

jbx1066

n3wb
Reaction score
uk-homeowner
I too have the TC-734 NVR system with the four ip-camera's. I can access the ip-camera's through iSpy, BlueIris and IP Camera Viewer under Windows 7 64 bit. These camera's use JAVA, so you have to access them through a java capable Web Browser and only Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE) Version 11 and some earlier versions and the latest Google Chrome with the MSIE Extension Tab (search for it in the Chrome Store it's free) added seem to work. There are "activeX" controls that these camera's. More recent MSIE has difficulty, as JAVA has been mostly excluded in the later versions. I mainly use Chrome with the added MSIE tab to access the camera's directly.

Stand Alone Software Programs Used (presuming you've already accessed your camera via a web browser or the like and can adjust your camera settings as needed, such as entering a manual IP address, Ports, username, password, etc.):

1) IP Camera Viewer: Select brand "Lorex" and Model "LNC 204" and insert YourCameraIP address and your HTTP Port. I use port 80. This is non-RTSP access and non-ONVIF access. Another compatible brand is: "OEM" Model: "id002a"

2) iSpy: under "FFMPEG (264)" source tab, use "rtsp://admin@YourCameraIP:80/ch0_0.264" where "admin" is the username and no password. Although my RTSP is on Port 554, Port 80 seems to work. And if you have a password, it would look like "yourusername:yourpassword@"

3) BlueIris: you can use "FOSCAM FI86" under the video source tab. Use "http", "YourCameraIP:80". Make: "Foscam" Model "FI86xx/98xx compatible", User: "admin", Password: [blank], Path: "/livestream/11?action=play&media=video_audio_data", Camera: "1".

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
they will never send you the updated version, because this kind of camera, never has newer firmware, So you just get the camera back to the firmware you used before.

Reaction score
Thanks for this - very helpful. I can access the camera through the web browser and tweak settings.

I've tried using iSpy, using the parameters given above, without success. I'm definitely getting the password (which I have set on each camera) correct. iSpy reports:
- "Server returned 400 bad request" if I try connecting to port 80 using rtsp:// (irrespective of whether I use the correct, incorrect or no password).
- "Server returned 401 unauthorised" if I try connecting to port 554 using rtsp:// with no/incorrect password (which you would expect).
- "Server returned 404 not found" if I try connecting to port 554 using rtsp:// with the correct password. I suspect that this is the closet that I've got, but that the "ch0_0.264" at the end might not be correct for my firmware version. This is using rtsp://admin:<password>@192.168.1.213:554/ch0_0.264

The IP addresses I am using are definitely correct (these are all set to static values using DHCP reservations on my router, as I'm using powerline adapters to connect the cameras via Ethernet rather than over the NVR's own wi-fi network, so the router can see the traffic and because the wi-fi coverage isn't sufficient).

I'll try BlueIris next - I haven't used it to date.

jbx1066

n3wb
Reaction score
ispy1.jpg ispy2.jpg ispy_using_ffmpeg_rtsp.jpg ispy_using_vlc_plugin_rtsp.jpg Camera_Settings_UsingGoogleChrome_wIETab_1.jpg Camera_Settings_UsingGoogleChrome_wIETab_2.jpg Camera_Settings_UsingGoogleChrome_wIETab_4.jpg Camera_Settings_UsingGoogleChrome_wIETab_5.jpg Camera_Settings_UsingGoogleChrome_wIETab_3b.jpg
uk-homeowner. Recommend you try IP Camera Viewer from Deskshare (free) before BlueIris. It's limited to 4 camera's but it's straighforward whereas BlueIris can be complicated in some respects. I've included some pics of iSpy to connect to these camera's. I'm also using Google Chrome with the IE Tab so that ActiveX/JAVA can run. Make sure ActiveX is enabled in your internet browser settings (much info available on net to help). You'll notice I've disabled WiFi and using just the LAN IP. Gateway IP (192.168.1.1) points to my router. Trust you find such useful. I can also provide IPCameraViewer and BlueIris setup pics if you wish. Just let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Brigadier

n3wb
Reaction score
I have cams quite similar to yours, just server's version is V1.2.1040-20171026-HDXP2P-GEN
They give out (by default) main channel via rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.217:554/mpeg4/ch0/main/av_stream and secondary one via rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.217:554/mpeg4/ch0/sub/av_stream

wout31

n3wb
Reaction score
You say it's difficult to set up. I can't agree. Use the same camera and find it quite easy.
You can download ONVIF device manger (freeware) and start searching your network. You can download it here
Now you can see the IP number, the RTSP stream name etc.
With the IP number just start Internet Explorer and install the plugin (NOT Edge NOT Firefox NOR Chrome, they will not work)
Type in the IP in the url field and login with admin/blank
There you are. All settings available to configure.
Please note the H265 setting for encoding. Much (older) hardware and software only support H264 (AVC) and not the newer H265 (HEVC) encoding.
When you select wrong encoding you will probably get no image.
Good luck

gcracker47

n3wb
Reaction score
I received a firmware file for this camera from the vendor. I haven't loaded it, but I don't expect any monumental difference.

But, here it is. Also included an image of my blue iris settings

Attachments

Xenio

n3wb
Reaction score
Mhmhmhm I have flashed that Kingman Firmware without thinking about the risks, the firmware flashed ok and I did not see important differences.
Now I am a little bit scared about this firmware, @gcracker47 could you please give more info where did you get the firmware?
Also anybody have the previous firmware? I don't know how to roll back the firmware camera. :(

gcracker47

n3wb
Reaction score
I got this from the vendor who sold me the cameras: kingcam.aliexpress.com/store/3087096 on Aliexpress. I was asking about alternative firmware options and they were not aware of any, so they sent me the most up to date firmware they had. I wouldn't expect any huge difference from the original firmware.

ha3

n3wb
Reaction score