Need help figuring out how to playback captures on old DVR

tony22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I moved into a house that has an old security cam setup - 8 analog cameras, and a DVR hidden away in the house. I had to dig up an old VGA monitor to attach to the DVR so I could take a look at what was still working. I am attaching front and back view of the DVR, and one of the remote, in case it will help others to help me figure this out.

The only nomenclature I could find on the DVR was a label with “LTD 2408”. But you might guess from the pics below that I found the manual online. So I followed what was in the manual. It seems the USB mouse port is shot, and I don’t have a PS2 (!) mouse lying around, so I had to do all my navigation from the remote. It turns out all 8 cams are still working, although they are low res - not very good for much more than movement detection.

I eventually found my way to the menu where I could look at recordings by Date or Event. The UI on this thing is crude to say the least, but I eventually found recordings on a random day (it seems this was first used on December 11, 2018). I scrolled down the list of recordings, selected one, and hit Play on the remote. Nothing. Then I tried hitting the Play button on the DVR front panel. Also nothing. I tried recordings from other random days. No luck anywhere. I checked the HD status. Near as I can figure it’s in good shape, but completely full. Whoever owned this thing really didn’t do much in the way of data management.

Anyway, that’s where I’m stuck. If anyone is familiar with one of these things and can help me out, I’d appreciate it.

C069FD8D-65B9-421B-AE6C-B83EE676D858.jpeg
442887C4-3525-41B4-AA0C-D12B5AB95572.jpeg
520014D0-25A7-4F4E-9FBD-372DA85FF408.jpeg