Need help finding camera! (Deeply apologize if in wrong category)

AlfredG94

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running BI3, and I need a camera that records 1080p with decent to great range that's $200-$250 that's compatible with Blue Iris 3. I Need something able to view a license plate overlooking a parking lot. Again, I'm sorry if in the wrong section of the forum (I'm a NOOB :sad:), just need some expertise. haha

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum...there are several threads on license plate capture...you will need to post an image of the area you are looking at...you will not be able to get a wide shot and also capture all the plates...generally you need a camera dedicated to capturing plates that is placed in the proper position. If you need to capture at night, then it gets even more complex..

dalepa

Reaction score
The T32-8worked well for me at 16mm... You have to up the frame rate at night and even turn down the brightness/gain/etc to grab just the plate at night. Everything else will be dark, but the plate will be clear.

What about http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-2CD2T32-I8-3MP-IP-Camera-EXIR-Bullet-Outdoor-Network-Camera-IR-range-up-to/2053169208.html
Good IR, and should maybe take 16mm to properly zoom into license plates. And like fenderman, you cannot do both things with one camera. So maybe 2 pcs of that camera, and other with 16mm lens and another with 4mm.