Need help -- lost with Dahua setup

Jason Connors

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am completely lost (and helpless, I guess) setting up the Dahua SD49225T-HN-W. I am basically a tech amateur. Andy said that setting up the camera would be easy, but I'm hitting roadblock after roadblock. Here are my issues:
  • When I log into the camera over the web using the IP address, I can no longer see a live view. I tried downloading and installing the plugin, but it doesn't work. I tried it in IE, Chrome and Firefox. I had it working for a day or so in Firefox over WiFi and ethernet, but no longer. When I try downloading the plugin on IE, I get this message: "You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes." When I try it on Chrome, it takes me to a web NACL web page, but I have no clue what to do after that. On Firefox, which had been working, it now asks me to download and install webplugin.exe; when I open it, nothing happens.
  • I've tried to set up the camera (while it was working) to record to my WD My Cloud NAS drive, but I can't get that to work. I used the web client to input the IP address and remote directory, but there isn't even a password field. Am I going about this wrong?
  • My camera doesn't even display in PSS. When I search for a device, I get this error: "Search device failed!" I used the Config Tool to locate the camera, and tried to manually add it to PSS. In doing so, I noticed that the password field is limited to 8 characters and my IP camera login uses 12.
Like I said, I'm completely lost. Can anyone provide some help?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There's a lot of good info in the wiki at the top of the page.

Browsers have been dropping plugin support for security reasons and don't natively support the video formats the cameras use. I suggest using the x86 (32-bit) version of http://palemoon.org
The chrome app will stop working in a few months, but to use it navigate to chrome://apps and launch the app then go to the camera's webpage.

Trying to record to a NAS can be a bit of a pain, I'd suggest recording to a refurbished pc using some type of vms software like blueiris.

Jason Connors

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I currently have two Sharx cameras saving to the the NAS drive, and I don’t have an old PC to use. How difficult is it to configure a NAS drive?