Need help regarding external mic to hikvision ip camera

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello guys whats up ?
I have a question regarding ip camera type DS-2CD2143G2-IS
This doesn't support mic built-in.and i cannot find any with built-in mic.
I can't run extra wires or use an external power supply.

I wanna add external mic to the ip camera.
I have this mic and it has two rca ports one for audio and other for power .
My ip camera is connected to a poe switch do i need an external power for mic as well like a 12v dc splitter ? Or it will get the power from poe switch?

Attachments

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello guys whats up ?
I have a question regarding ip camera type DS-2CD2143G2-IS
This doesn't support mic built-in.and i cannot find any with built-in mic.
I can't run extra wires or use an external power supply.

I wanna add external mic to the ip camera.
I have this mic and it has two rca ports one for audio and other for power .
My ip camera is connected to a poe switch do i need an external power for mic as well like a 12v dc splitter ? Or it will get the power from poe switch?
According to the Hikvision Data Sheet (see attached), that camera you have DOES support audio. Hikvision usually uses a connector for external audio. Chapter 2 of Hik's FAQ document (also attached) does a good job of explaining how to add audio. You will NOT need to run any extra wiring. The POE/data cable will carry the audio signal.

In terms of the specific microphone, I am not familiar with the one you posted. I have used three (3) different ones so far, including:

Of those, the MicroSeven performs the best for me.

Depending on which you select, you will need to adapt the wiring to fit the Hik connector (as shown in the FAQ), and you will likely need a POE splitter with a Y-adapter to power both the mic and the camera.

I tend to prefer the Anvision splitter and any Y-adapter will do. Here are the links:

Anvision splitter - Y-Adapter -
I had posted previously about use of the Anvision splitter to power a camera PLUS another device, and you can read that starting at this post .... PoE Splitter/Adapter of choice to power IR illuminator?

I hope this helps.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So in all cases i will still need a poe splitter i guess there is no way to get power from Ethernet cable cat6 connected to a poe switch without a splitter or a12 vdc adapter?

I mean there is no way to power the mic with cat6 cable connected to a poe switch only?

You will NOT need to run any extra wiring. The POE/data cable will carry the audio signal.
What do you mean by this one?

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So in all cases i will still need a poe splitter i guess there is no way to get power from Ethernet cable cat6 connected to a poe switch without a splitter or a12 vdc adapter?

I mean there is no way to power the mic with cat6 cable connected to a poe switch only?
The mic needs its own power in all the ones I've seen, even if it's not much power. Your only reasonable choices are to; (a) use a 12v adapter from a nearby power outlet, or (b) split the power out of the cable and use that power for both the camera and the microphone. You can, of course, run a 2nd cable and use 1 for the camera and one for the microphone, but that's the only way to avoid a 12v adapter or a splitter, and even then you will need to find a way to split the power out of the ethernet cable.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess i will go with the splitter since it doesn't need extra wires like this one

Attachments

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What do you mean by this one?
Your original post said you cannot run extra wires, so I was confirming that the ethernet POE cable you have will also carry the audio once you get the microphone (and associated power) connected.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought without splitter i could get from Ethernet cable to power the mic

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
PoE is ~48VDC while amplified mics, like the MicroSeven, use 12VDC. Cameras have a built in regulator to change from 48VDC to 12VDC to power the camera. The mics are not PoE devices and have no regulators to handle over voltages.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How will you do that? I suggest you read that thread I linked you to above. It should explain how it works.
My thought was before i surf the internet for low info about powering external mic bro

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the poe splitters doesn't have a regulators to change 48vdc to 12vdc for powering mic right?

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So the poe splitters doesn't have a regulators to change 48vdc to 12vdc for powering mic right?
If you click on the link for the Anvision splitter I provided above, you would find this in the title on the Amazon page:

"
ANVISION 2-Pack Active 48V to 12V Waterproof PoE Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, for IP Camera AP Voip Phone and More, White
"

It tells you right in the title that it adapts 48V to 12V.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got you so i need any kinds poe splitter as long as its an Active Poe splitter.

Thanks bro