Need help, setting up home/security network

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, when it comes to more complex network setups. Basic home network is OK, but as it gets more complex, like adding a security camera setup into equations, I'm lost.
I have a BI PC(1 NIC card, that is on the mobo), a number a Dahua cameras, POE+ switch, Asus router, a bunch of electronics, that I'm trying to connect via Ethernet cable, like TVs, DirecTV boxes, home theater receivers, Blu Ray players, etc.
It would really help to see a map, to see how all these go together. Especially, the security system, with the rest of the home network.
Once, I was told to get a second NIC card for the BI PC.
Any help, would be appreciated.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a newbie, when it comes to more complex network setups. Basic home network is OK, but as it gets more complex, like adding a security camera setup into equations, I'm lost.
I have a BI PC(1 NIC card, that is on the mobo), a number a Dahua cameras, POE+ switch, Asus router, a bunch of electronics, that I'm trying to connect via Ethernet cable, like TVs, DirecTV boxes, home theater receivers, Blu Ray players, etc.
It would really help to see a map, to see how all these go together. Especially, the security system, with the rest of the home network.
Once, I was told to get a second NIC card for the BI PC.
Any help, would be appreciated.
If you haven't yet, please study the Wiki at the top of the page.