Need Help Setting up NAS HDD on Raspberry to move files from Hikvision NVR

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a DS-7632N-E2/8p NVR (FW v.3.0.8, build 140825) which I am trying to download the mtdblock files from. I am considering trying to upgrade my NVR's firmware, so I want to save the critical files so that, in the event that it doesn't work, I can get back to where I am today.

I am trying to move the files to a NAS HDD which I have connected to a Raspberry pi 2. Note that this is my first attempt at setting up a NAS.

I set it as an NFS server with the shared folder /media/USBHDD1/shares (the folder has 777 permissions set)

My RPI has been setup to use the ethernet connection to the NVR on the 192.168.254.xxx range and a WiPi to connect to the home network on the 10.0.2.xxx range. The NVR is connected (ethernet) to my home network on the
10.0.2.xxx range.

The RPI and the NVR are at my cottage so I am currently accessing them remotely. I set up the RPI on the two networks so that I can get to the configuration pages of the POE cameras connected to the NVR, which are all on the 192.168.254.xxx range.

On the RPI:

Installed the NFS server components with ->
sudo apt-get install nfs-common nfs-server -y

df command ->
/dev/sda1 1953512000 177278288 1776233712 10% /media/USBHDD1

fdisk -l ->/dev/sda1 63 3907024064 1953512001 7 HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

/etc/exports file includes the line -> /media/USBHDD1/shares 10.0.2.1/24 *(rw,sync) (My understanding is that this means that any computer on the 10.0.2.xxx network should be able to access the shared drive)

/etc/fstab file includes the line -> /dev/sda1 /media/USBHDD1 auto noatime 0 0 (This is to mount the shared drive upon an RPI reboot)

On the NVR:

Network Settings -> NetHDD screen... I entered in the IP address of the RPI 10.0.2.52 (home network) and pressed search... nothing was found! I also tried the RPI's ethernet IP address (192.168.254.33) and again no NAS drive was found!

Any thoughts on how I can get the NVR to mount the NAS?

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?????

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I got it working...

I first went on to the configuration of one of my cameras and was able to set up the NAS as a drive! So I knew that my NAS set up was actually working.

So I went back to the NVR config to try again.

I manually entered the ip address of the Raspberry (192.168.254.33) and the shared drive file path (/media/USBHDD1/shares)... I saved that and checked the HDD Management panels... the NAS drive was still not found (showing as offline)!

I went back to the NetHDD panels and entered the ip address into the search area.. again nothing found!

Then in the manual section, of the NetHDD panel, I changed the file path to /mnt/tnfs01 and saved it (/mnt/tnfs01 was the name of the mounted drive on the NVR - this came from running the 'df' telnet command). Then when I entered the ip address into the search section it found the NAS but showed the path as /media/USBHDD1/shares. I left the manually entered path as /mnt/tnfs01 and checked in the NetHDD panels again. It still showed the NAS drive as offline! So I, once again, went back to the NetHDD panel, did the search with the ip address where it found the file path. I copied the file path (which was exactly what I had previously entered!), overwrote the File Path in the manual section above and then did another save. Then when I went back to the HDD Management panel the drive was now showing but was uninitialized!! After clicking on the format button the NAS now shows as Normal.

Perhaps this odd behavior was due to the fact that the NAS was mounted on the NVR as /mnt/tnfs00 for the 10.0.2.52 (WiFi connection) and as /mnt/tnfs01 for the 192.168.254.33 (ethernet connection). The NVR might have been confused as to which mounting I wanted to use (both with the same file path /media/USBHDD1/shares).

Hopefully this explanation helps anyone else in a similar situation.