Need help setting up new duhua camera

Rhody96

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased 2 IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight cameras and I can't seem to get them to work with BI. I have changed the IP address so I can find the cameras on my network. I have been searching the forums for the correct settings, but nothing seems to work. My settings are shown on the the below picture. Thank you for the help!

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased 2 IPC-HDW2231R-ZS 2MP Starlight cameras and I can't seem to get them to work with BI. I have changed the IP address so I can find the cameras on my network. I have been searching the forums for the correct settings, but nothing seems to work. My settings are shown on the the below picture. Thank you for the help!
What is the error that you get? if using hardware acceleration with intel HD, you need to use h.264 not 65. Also just try hitting find inspect.

Rhody96

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for your quick response. After I use find/ inspect I get the below message (picture). I'm not getting an error message/ I just get cam 1: no signal. Also, I believe I am using h.264 and not using hardware acceleration. Do I have the correct settings for the camera, port, etc?
Thanks again, greatly appreciated.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman for your quick response. After I use find/ inspect I get the below message (picture). I'm not getting an error message/ I just get cam 1: no signal. Also, I believe I am using h.264 and not using hardware acceleration. Do I have the correct settings for the camera, port, etc?
Thanks again, greatly appreciated.
most likely you dont have the correct ip address...to test, can you enter that ip in your browser and hit the cameras web interface? what is the ip address of your router/network?

Rhody96

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a ton (I made some solid progress), but I am not fully set up yet. I can now view the video when I go the the cameras ip address via the web server app. However, it is still not working in BI. Find/inspect seems to be working fine, but I am still getting error 8000007 check port/ user/ password. I know my password is correct.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks a ton (I made some solid progress), but I am not fully set up yet. I can now view the video when I go the the cameras ip address via the web server app. However, it is still not working in BI. Find/inspect seems to be working fine, but I am still getting error 8000007 check port/ user/ password. I know my password is correct.
cut power to the camera and plug it back in.

Rhody96

n3wb
Reaction score
unfortunately, that didn't work (but the camera did come back on line via web server app). Same error message

Attachments