Need Help!! Tired of Looking......

BLuv44

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

i'm a newb on this site for posting, but have read a lot. Here's my issue...I put in a great system with 4 Cameras and my QNAP NAS (QVR Pro). However, 2 of the cameras will not integrate with QVR Pro (Reolink Argus 2). I originally thought it would be fine, but it's a hassle. Soooo....I need 2 IP/POE cameras that can be mounted on a window sill (horizontal surface) and look down from the 2nd floor. It would be fantastic if the camera is small enough to mount like i did the Argus 2. See Pic.....Thoughts/Suggestions??

I will be forever in your debt...... :)

1572632250816.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
2 related questions:
You don't need Wi-Fi, do you?
A wired (Ethernet and/or POE) will be OK?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming your QNAP NAS just needs a RTSP URL, this little guy is only $45, is POE, 1080p, ONVIF and likely has an RSTP stream (you'd have to ask @Sean Nelson at Nelly's).
You could fasten to a small wood block to mount to the window sill.
There's even a box for it to protect the pigtail here.

Nellys_2MP_POE-bullet.jpg

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :)

BLuv44

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome....

That looks pretty slick. I wonder whats the diameter of that base? I hope it can be pointed down from the 2nd floor. It don't have to be a steep angle down, but it does need to be able to go pass horizontal some. Have you used this camera before?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome....

That looks pretty slick. I wonder whats the diameter of that base? I hope it can be pointed down from the 2nd floor. It don't have to be a steep angle down, but it does need to be able to go pass horizontal some. Have you used this camera before?
I have not used it.
I think to get to aim down from horizontal you need a wood block that is wedge shaped.
It's 8MB / 4K big brother here has close to a 4-star rating. It's also a little more wide angle (3.6mm) as compared to the $45 2MP / 1080p (2.8mm)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.