Need help to find the cam for my drive way

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I know you keep saying you only want/need one camera, but I'll offer my three basic rules -

The three basic rules of video surveillance cameras-

Rule #1 - Cameras multiply like rabbits.
Rule #2 - Cameras are more addictive than drugs.
Rule #3 - You never have enough cameras.

Reaction score
@sebastiantombs thx, I will do
@Holbs can not follow exactly what you mean. On the house next to the garage doors and entrance, there are motion detectors and lights. Usually thats enough that this will not be the way intruders go. My thought on the one cam solution is, first not to spend too much money for maybe nothing, second just to see what the postman is doing, who is comming in, intruder was there at night and wanted to get in. Also lights are on the garden side, but there it will be much more difficult to get all corners watched. But still I am private with nothing big to get stolen. If a thief is getting inside and I of course recognize him, he will not be happy with my little friend if he wants to attack us.
The second cam should be in the left woodbuild garage, the oldtimer should be watched and alarm me if a motion by person was detected (not by a mouse).
I was thinking of something like this. Lamp post at the red dot to help at night. To catch license plates coming towards the house via LPR and a general field of view camera (2.8mm or 6mm) for the length of incoming driveway. Then another general camera pointing towards the garage doors themselves. I am a BIG advocate of having SOME security cameras around the 6' mark to be in-line with intruder faces.
driveway camera layout.png

Reaction score
Andy Wang has only the IPC-B5442E-ZE in stock and 205usd+shipping - depending on the custom value about 300€