Need help turning off IR

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2032F-I Port 8000 V5.3 build 150327. I know the password and its ip; but do not know the serial number. It is a Chinese version with English language bought in 2016 on AliExpress.
I would like to turn off the IR Leds. I tried the web components on chrome, which wont give me video, but will let me change a few things but not the IR light.
I no longer have the iVMS-4200 program, so I downloaded the following from Hikvision site.
iVMS-4200-ACV1.3.0.7_E
iVMS-4200V3.3.0.7_E
iVMS-4200-VSV1.3.0.7_E

I was never a fan of their software, but iVMS-4200-ACV1.3.0.7_E does not work at all with my camera. It claims to not be online. I think it may be because I don’t have the serial number. Does anyone know of a simple way to disable the IR?
Maybe an old version iVMS-4200 which I no longer have?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Access the web interface of the camera, disable Smart IR.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Access the web interface of the camera, disable Smart IR.
As I mentioned. "I tried the web components on chrome browser...".
Is the 'web interface' you mention something different? If so, do you have a name?

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera serves it's own web pages, accessible using the camera's IP address & port number.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That works but it will not display the video. I remember years ago it did but then it stopped working in chrome but worked in IE, then it stopped working there too.
IE11 still works OK for video rendering, with webcomponents installed and enabled.
Don't confuse IE11 with the Edge browser, which won't work. Until the recent Edge update, their icons looked quite similar at first glance.
IE11 with webcomponents is still needed for some of the configuration elements, not just for video.

Another configuration method is to to use the Batch Configuration Tool :

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can try Chrome with the IE plugin. That combination works well with Dahua cameras and may work with the Hikvision.
Seconded here- I use IETab and it works PERFECTly. Every now and then I'll have to reinstall the stuff but for the most part it works far better than ie does itself.

And definitely worth paying for.

I don't know for sure it'll solve your problem, but it at least will make some of it go away.

dee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Seconded here- I use IETab and it works PERFECTly. Every now and then I'll have to reinstall the stuff but for the most part it works far better than ie does itself.

And definitely worth paying for.

I don't know for sure it'll solve your problem, but it at least will make some of it go away.
It does not work here.

1. I installed the IE tab.
  2. Then installed the helper extension which is now required.
  3. Then closed the browser.
  4. Then installed web components.
  5. Then opened chrome browser.
  6. Then went into the IE tab.
  7. Then did 192.168.0.8/doc/page/main.asp
  8. Logged in. Then got "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug-in."

I am running:
Windows 10 Pro 2004 edition build 19041.388

Am I doing something wrong?

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does not work here.

1. I installed the IE tab.
  2. Then installed the helper extension which is now required.
  3. Then closed the browser.
  4. Then installed web components.
  5. Then opened chrome browser.
  6. Then went into the IE tab.
  7. Then did 192.168.0.8/doc/page/main.asp
  8. Logged in. Then got "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug-in."

I am running:
Windows 10 Pro 2004 edition build 19041.388

Am I doing something wrong?
No, you're doing it right.

I had to install it once, and every now and then (as I shift cameras) I might have to do it again. But after that it sticks for a long while.

I did pull down a 'newer' version from the web and that seemed to 'stick' for a bit too, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to re-install it now and then.

I have all the cameras blocked at the MAC level but that's just not good enough now adays either.