Need Help w/ Blue Iris and Faleemi FSC776 and Dericam P2 IP WIFI Cameras

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the Faleemi and Dericam from Amazon. They had outstanding ratings, one of the things LOVE is the faleemi runs from USB power so its been outside on top of my truck for 2 days running on a USB battery, now at 60% for a 20,000mah battery after 48+ hours. ....but... I DO NOT like letting the camera 'record motion' or 'notify me' I'd rather have very intelligent software on a high speed PC that takes the video or snapshot when there is motion and to notify me when it happens. I like doing event based recording.

However, before I download BI I tried google after google and I can find NOTHING that says BI supports this camera. I was trying to get iSpy to work, and even did a port forward to my camera so the guy in AU could figure out its method of operation and update the ispy database, but he's not done it yet.

Will my cameras work with blue iris? How can I get it to? I don't want an amcrest camera.

Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the Faleemi and Dericam from Amazon. They had outstanding ratings, one of the things LOVE is the faleemi runs from USB power so its been outside on top of my truck for 2 days running on a USB battery, now at 60% for a 20,000mah battery after 48+ hours. ....but... I DO NOT like letting the camera 'record motion' or 'notify me' I'd rather have very intelligent software on a high speed PC that takes the video or snapshot when there is motion and to notify me when it happens. I like doing event based recording.

However, before I download BI I tried google after google and I can find NOTHING that says BI supports this camera. I was trying to get iSpy to work, and even did a port forward to my camera so the guy in AU could figure out its method of operation and update the ispy database, but he's not done it yet.

Will my cameras work with blue iris? How can I get it to? I don't want an amcrest camera.

Steve
Both junk cameras and amazon ratings are mostly fake ...Fakespot | Faleemi Hd Pan Tilt Wireless Wifi Ip Camera Security Camera With Fake Review Analysis
The dericam will work as it support onvif.
The other likely does not...
the camera needs to support onvif or rtsp streaming...
These brands are bottom barrel garbage...avoid like the plague..

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
I have actually had eh Faleemi FSC776 camera up and running for the last 2+ days. Setup was LITERALLY 5 minutes. Did NOT have to connect it to my router to configure it. I just downloaded the app on my phone. Told the app my SSID and my password then the phone made a series of tones to tell the camera (it has a mic) which wifi router to use and what was the password and then BOOM. It was online. I've worked with a LOT of pan and tilt IP cameras going back to 2004 and the Panasonic BL-10 640x480 cams that were ethernet based. I had survailance running for years on these cameras and I'm telling you. This $40 Faleemi 720P cam with pan/tilt is sweet. It has a great sensitivity in night mode. I've been watching my neighborhood and court with the camera for the last 2 days. I put the camera on a small tripod on top of my truck hooked up to a 20,000mah USB battery. That's the nice thing about the Faleemi, its USB powered. AC not needed. Some of my surveillance I want to do is mobile and the Faleemi is definitely the keep it simple approach as a back up to my better cameras.

Both the Faleemi and the Dericam are ONVIF but I can't get them configured with ispy or with blue irus. An ispy guy asked me to port forward the camera so I have it port forwarded on my IP address so he can look at it and get the right configurations for it to be added to ispy, but he's in Austrailia and so far he's' not done it yet. I've never even seen fakespot before until now. It says 20% of the reviews are not reliable, so that leaves about 20+ that are reliable, and they are not negative. Anyone wanting to use this with a browser or their phone with be very happy with it. I love the feature where the phone uses audio to configure the camera. It streams to any phone or tablet perfectly. What do I have to do to get these configurations for the dericam and the faleemi into blue iris or ispy? I read all of the negatives on the amcrest and the 'more popular' cameras on ebay and there were all just under 4 star. That's way too many bad reviews of people having nightmares trying to configure. When it came time for me to change the http port on the faleemi it was brain dead easy. I saw all of the configuration parameters that any geek would want in the setup area.

20170804_180944.jpg 20170804_180956.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have actually had eh Faleemi FSC776 camera up and running for the last 2+ days. Setup was LITERALLY 5 minutes. Did NOT have to connect it to my router to configure it. I just downloaded the app on my phone. Told the app my SSID and my password then the phone made a series of tones to tell the camera (it has a mic) which wifi router to use and what was the password and then BOOM. It was online. I've worked with a LOT of pan and tilt IP cameras going back to 2004 and the Panasonic BL-10 640x480 cams that were ethernet based. I had survailance running for years on these cameras and I'm telling you. This $40 Faleemi 720P cam with pan/tilt is sweet. It has a great sensitivity in night mode. I've been watching my neighborhood and court with the camera for the last 2 days. I put the camera on a small tripod on top of my truck hooked up to a 20,000mah USB battery. That's the nice thing about the Faleemi, its USB powered. AC not needed. Some of my surveillance I want to do is mobile and the Faleemi is definitely the keep it simple approach as a back up to my better cameras.

Both the Faleemi and the Dericam are ONVIF but I can't get them configured with ispy or with blue irus. An ispy guy asked me to port forward the camera so I have it port forwarded on my IP address so he can look at it and get the right configurations for it to be added to ispy, but he's in Austrailia and so far he's' not done it yet. I've never even seen fakespot before until now. It says 20% of the reviews are not reliable, so that leaves about 20+ that are reliable, and they are not negative. Anyone wanting to use this with a browser or their phone with be very happy with it. I love the feature where the phone uses audio to configure the camera. It streams to any phone or tablet perfectly. What do I have to do to get these configurations for the dericam and the faleemi into blue iris or ispy? I read all of the negatives on the amcrest and the 'more popular' cameras on ebay and there were all just under 4 star. That's way too many bad reviews of people having nightmares trying to configure. When it came time for me to change the http port on the faleemi it was brain dead easy. I saw all of the configuration parameters that any geek would want in the setup area.

View attachment 20659 View attachment 20660
Once again the reviews are fake..the faleemi gets an F on fakespot all their reviews are FAKE...low end china Companies like dericam are known to post fake reviews and its highly likely that most of those reviews are fake
Bottom barrel garbage...amcrest is a crap company but their product is made by Dahua, a very reliable good brand.
Folks who have issues trying to configure an amcrest camera are just well, inept.
You are getting duped with these cams...IF the camera is onvif there is sticky in the toubleshooting section with instruction..

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
Dericam was a C, Amcrest was a C, Foscam was a C, the Faleemi was an F. None of those were great. but being and EE and a former computer programmer I'm telling you this Faleemi is kicking ass for $40 for a 720 camera. What DO you like for a good WIFI IP Camera w/ pan/tilt?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dericam was a C, Amcrest was a C, Foscam was a C, the Faleemi was an F. None of those were great. but being and EE and a former computer programmer I'm telling you this Faleemi is kicking ass for $40 for a 720 camera. What DO you like for a good WIFI IP Camera w/ pan/tilt?
Once again...they all use fake reviews....the rating is not for the camera, but for the reviews.
What i am telling you is that amcrest at the very least is rebranded dahua...a well established and reliable brand...
These low end cameras are garbage...you will learn that very quickly as it appears you are a novices when it comes to surveillance.
First of all, using an indoor camera outdoors is not going to end well for you as soon as it rains...There are a million threads discussing pt cams...in most instances they are completely useless unless you are manning them 24/7...furthermore since your cams dont have a zoom function they are not better than a quality fixed cam even if you were to man it..

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah...right... its a rating for the reviews. foscam, amcrest and dericam were all C's. Those are suppose to be 2 of the big names. Also... I can read a weather forecast. The camera is NOT going to be out in the rain. This is just me playing around. The really cool thing, is it runs off USB power. Everything is going to USB-C or USB-PD for power. This Faleemi could be just the leader of the pack. I stopped using my IP cameras because I moved (but kept my house but not the $150 month cable / data plan) so I'm use to doing ALL of my surveillance with 640x480. 720P is heaven. With the night capability of these cameras means I don't have to have PIR floods to light up everything (and trip the camera motion) when something walks into its frame. Dahua does not seem to have a good presence on amazon, especially for PTZ.

So back to my original question. I've not played with IP cams in 7 years. There was no ONVIF in the days of old. BOTH these cameras are ONVIF. I have it here in the manual. What do I have to do to get an ONVIF camera to work with BLUE Iris or iSPY ?? Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah...right... its a rating for the reviews. foscam, amcrest and dericam were all C's. Those are suppose to be 2 of the big names. Also... I can read a weather forecast. The camera is NOT going to be out in the rain. This is just me playing around. The really cool thing, is it runs off USB power. Everything is going to USB-C or USB-PD for power. This Faleemi could be just the leader of the pack. I stopped using my IP cameras because I moved (but kept my house but not the $150 month cable / data plan) so I'm use to doing ALL of my surveillance with 640x480. 720P is heaven. With the night capability of these cameras means I don't have to have PIR floods to light up everything (and trip the camera motion) when something walks into its frame. Dahua does not seem to have a good presence on amazon, especially for PTZ.

So back to my original question. I've not played with IP cams in 7 years. There was no ONVIF in the days of old. BOTH these cameras are ONVIF. I have it here in the manual. What do I have to do to get an ONVIF camera to work with BLUE Iris or iSPY ?? Steve
once again, you are missing the point. They are reviewing the LEGITIMACY of the reviews...fake vs real...
Foscam, amcrest, and dericam are NOT the big names...have you dont any research? Those are garbage companies, with amcrest at least selling a good product - dahua.
IP cameras do not need internet access to run, not sure why you think that. Furthermore, for the record you can do 4k over coax...
Dahua does not sell directly to end users...take some time to read this forum before wasting more of your money...you are making very basic newbie mistakes..
READ THE STICKY I MENTIONED...you need to help yourself.

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah.. they said 20% of the 37 reviews were suspect. I know that. no problem. 20% fake 5 star reviews... ok... I can read the other 80%. I never said anything about ip cams needing internet to run...but...when I'm not home, that is how I access the cameras.... and if youtube.com can play 8K video over the internet, then, you should NOT need coax for doing 4K. 100Mbs or 1000Mbs ethernet should be enough. I did look on the forums... I saw no place that said anything about getting new cams on to the popular security software systems.... the forums are HUGE. So I went to the NEWBIE Hello board and put out my question. There is something called the concept of the talking dog. Its not amazing at how good the dog talks, its amazing that the dog talks at all. I don't need a $300 camera that is a dog talking perfect british. I just need a 720 or 1080 camera that is pan and tilt, wifi, with low light ability and that connects to some good security software on a high speed PC.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah.. they said 20% of the 37 reviews were suspect. I know that. no problem. 20% fake 5 star reviews... ok... I can read the other 80%. I never said anything about ip cams needing internet to run...but...when I'm not home, that is how I access the cameras.... and if youtube.com can play 8K video over the internet, then, you should NOT need coax for doing 4K. 100Mbs or 1000Mbs ethernet should be enough. I did look on the forums... I saw no place that said anything about getting new cams on to the popular security software systems.... the forums are HUGE. So I went to the NEWBIE Hello board and put out my question. There is something called the concept of the talking dog. Its not amazing at how good the dog talks, its amazing that the dog talks at all. I don't need a $300 camera that is a dog talking perfect british. I just need a 720 or 1080 camera that is pan and tilt, wifi, with low light ability and that connects to some good security software on a high speed PC.
Wow you keep missing the point...No, 80 percent of the reviews were suspect. Likely more than that were fake.
You did in fact state that you are using vga resolution because you no longer have internet...why would you say that?
I never said that you NEED coax for 4k...my point was that EVEN coax can run 4k, so even with your misguided notion that you need internet to use ip cameras, you didnt have to settle for vga. Your misunderstanding what coax is..based on your response, it is evident that you simply dont understand this technology - at all.
You do not need a pan tilt camera - unless you are watching your pets...again I cannot reiterate this enough...if you are using these cameras for security purposes you are wasting your money and time..avoid wifi... But you know better...good luck to you...my reply here is only to warn others about these garbage brands and help avoid folks wasting hard earned money on them...

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
yes, for what I need, I need pan and tilt cameras. I've been using them since 2004, but not since 2010. My first network I setup for the simulator I designed in the 1990's ran on coax. I'm a ham. I know what coax is. Coax use to be used to run NTSC video from analog surveillance cameras back to the monitoring and recording station. Would you like me to define impedance and which coaxes have different impedance and why? I said I started OUT with VGA resolution in 2004. Hell.. back then most cameras were 320x240. I had to pay major coin for 640x480 ones.

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, thank you for helping a newbie trying to get back in the game. 7 years gone is a lot of technology change. :) Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes, for what I need, I need pan and tilt cameras. I've been using them since 2004, but not since 2010. My first network I setup for the simulator I designed in the 1990's ran on coax. I'm a ham. I know what coax is. Coax use to be used to run NTSC video from analog surveillance cameras back to the monitoring and recording station. Would you like me to define impedance and which coaxes have different impedance and why? I said I started OUT with VGA resolution in 2004. Hell.. back then most cameras were 320x240. I had to pay major coin for 640x480 ones.
Again your response evidences that you dont know what it is. Let me point out that you said " and if youtube.com can play 8K video over the internet, then, you should NOT need coax for doing 4K. 100Mbs or 1000Mbs ethernet should be enough. " that just makes no sense, right? So before you waste your money start learning...
and again you dont need pt....its a common newbie mistake.

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
Dude... you have no idea what I'm doing with the cameras or for whom I'm doing them for. This is not just some dumb thing for my house or business. Yes, I need to have PT, yes, I need more IR illumination and I need to have object and motion detection with alarming and recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude... you have no idea what I'm doing with the cameras or for whom I'm doing them for. This is not just some dumb thing for my house or business. Yes, I need to have PT, yes, I need more IR illumination and I need to have object and motion detection with alarming and recording.
no you dont....tell us your use case and I will show you that you dont....
Hopefully this is not for some important purpose...

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry Buddy. I can't disclose the application for the cameras. They are a backup to more critical primary systems. Call it telepresence, but I definitely need to be able to log into them and scan around looking at 'things'. So far, I can do that with my cell phone and my computer but not with BI and I just got it working on ispy but with no PT ability. The ispy guy found its configuration and RSTP address real quick.

Just because something got an F for feedback on fakespot regarding amazon does NOT mean its bad. I have sold things through FBA (fulfillment by amazon) and its NOT easy when you are starting out and have low feedback. In this case it was for a very high end Geiger counter. I found 6 people who really wanted one, we gave them a sweet discount and they bought it and left honest feedback. The device was awesome. So I don't really blame them for having 80% fake review. Its something you can do when you have 37 reviews but not something you can do when you have 370 reviews or 3700 reviews.

I bought it, I'm testing it, and so far its jumping through all of my hoops and passing with flying colors. You never know unless you try. I tend to NOT believe other people and as my mentor taught me "Don't believe anyone or anything, do the test yourself and own the information". In this case, I'm doing the test myself and its passing. This just could be the start of a whole new high quality brand at a low price on amazon. I could be one of the first people to buy it.

now...as to the question I asked first and NEVER got an answer to is: How do I take a camera that is not in the blue iris database and get it to work with BI ???

Steve

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry Buddy. I can't disclose the application for the cameras. They are a backup to more critical primary systems. Call it telepresence, but I definitely need to be able to log into them and scan around looking at 'things'. So far, I can do that with my cell phone and my computer but not with BI and I just got it working on ispy but with no PT ability. The ispy guy found its configuration and RSTP address real quick.

Just because something got an F for feedback on fakespot regarding amazon does NOT mean its bad. I have sold things through FBA (fulfillment by amazon) and its NOT easy when you are starting out and have low feedback. In this case it was for a very high end Geiger counter. I found 6 people who really wanted one, we gave them a sweet discount and they bought it and left honest feedback. The device was awesome. So I don't really blame them for having 80% fake review. Its something you can do when you have 37 reviews but not something you can do when you have 370 reviews or 3700 reviews.

I bought it, I'm testing it, and so far its jumping through all of my hoops and passing with flying colors. You never know unless you try. I tend to NOT believe other people and as my mentor taught me "Don't believe anyone or anything, do the test yourself and own the information". In this case, I'm doing the test myself and its passing. This just could be the start of a whole new high quality brand at a low price on amazon. I could be one of the first people to buy it.

now...as to the question I asked first and NEVER got an answer to is: How do I take a camera that is not in the blue iris database and get it to work with BI ???

Steve
Lol, top secret case use, using a 40 dollar camera...please...once again, your tiny brain is not comprehending my point about the feedback..let me try again. YOU claimed these cameras have "outstanding ratings"...I pointed out that those ratings are FAKE. These companies PAY reviewers or give the free/discounted cameras in exchange for reviews.
I will only say this one last time - in a previous post I directed you how to find the thread on how to add the camera to blue iris...cannot be easier than that. I think its best that you keep using ispy, in keeping with your MO of using complete garbage...

H2Fuel

n3wb
Reaction score
I just went and read everything you said twice. I find only this "READ THE STICKY I MENTIONED...you need to help yourself." I can't find a sticky or I don't know how to access a sticky. If you sent me instructions on how to set up a cam in BI would you please post it again.
Steve

"​

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just went and read everything you said twice. I find only this "READ THE STICKY I MENTIONED...you need to help yourself." I can't find a sticky or I don't know how to access a sticky. If you sent me instructions on how to set up a cam in BI would you please post it again.
Steve

"​
its all in the help file...stop being lazy..