Need help with an IP cam

the_greek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Justo Mayora and I am currently located at Panama, Central America.

I am trying to understand the protocols used by a chinesse wifi ipcam
I bought this cam from Amazon. It is Howell WJ03. It is using IPCAM Inc. firmware.
I know it has ONVIF support when it is configured to work as a station in the wifi network. I have no trouble in this mode.

This wifi cam is capable of working as an AP. This is the mode that I am trying to understand.
I am using the application indicated by the cam manual (BlueCam). Also, I am using wireshark to monitor all packet exchange between the camera and the application.
I can not identify the way the application make the connection to the camera and make it start streaming video with UDP.

I have identified the cam has telnet capabilities. The prompt returned when connected to telnet port is "rhea". But I don't know the user and password to access the system.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. My name is Justo Mayora and I am currently located at Panama, Central America.

I am trying to understand the protocols used by a chinesse wifi ipcam
I bought this cam from Amazon. It is Howell WJ03. It is using IPCAM Inc. firmware.
I know it has ONVIF support when it is configured to work as a station in the wifi network. I have no trouble in this mode.

This wifi cam is capable of working as an AP. This is the mode that I am trying to understand.
I am using the application indicated by the cam manual (BlueCam). Also, I am using wireshark to monitor all packet exchange between the camera and the application.
I can not identify the way the application make the connection to the camera and make it start streaming video with UDP.

I have identified the cam has telnet capabilities. The prompt returned when connected to telnet port is "rhea". But I don't know the user and password to access the system.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.
Welcome @the_greek

Telnet - an open telnet port... definitely do not expose that to the internet.

Howell WJ03:
interesting looking little camera... curious to see what you learn on this one.