Need Help With Image Freezing During "Auto Track"

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm starting to get my cameras mounted and I am noticing an issue with the image freezing and jumping when Auto Track starts. I'm using Blue Iris and everything seems fine in live view and recordings except when Auto Track starts, the image freezes and jumps. I can manually ptz and use presets to move the camera and everything works fine but Auto Track instantly kills the camera until it has reset itself back to its starting position. OK, I did some more testing and it seems it does fine with slow movement. The camera that is doing this is located near the road and the movements that are freezing the camera are from a cars. So I decided to walk around in the backyard to see if that camera had the same issue and everything seemed fine until I started jogging. As soon as I started moving faster, the camera image froze. Then just like the front camera, after a few seconds the image came back and since the moving object was gone (me) it set itself back to its starting position. Has anyone else had this issue? Any thoughts on what it might be?

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a wild guess, do you have an SD card installed and if so is it fast?

Darkflame808

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's a few suggestions some you may not like....

I had this issue when I first set everything up for the first time....I can't isolate what fixed it but these are steps I took.

1. Reset camera to factory defaults
  2. reset camera to defaults (there's two default options, I did both)
  3. Login with fresh settings and reset my new PW and made my changes.
  4. In the general video tab I set the device to 30FPS, 4Mbit video
  5. Go into system and format the SD card on the camera if you plan to use one now.
  6. In blue iris, add camera and use the find/inspect tool, I originally had it set as a hikvision camera, after I did a find/inspect it rebranded itself to generic/onvif camera.
That did it for me, I think it froze for me when I had h265 or h264 with maxed out settings...I didn't need all that....I toned it down and the freezing stopped.

Are you using WIFI or Ethernet?
Also, try to isolate what's freezing, the camera feed or blue iris. In live-view (from browser) are you seeing image freezes? Or is it from blue iris. Also, if you can, could you add a SD card? I don't know if the camera uses SD cards as a swap drive to improve performance but it should eliminate freezes since it will be doing everything in house and not over the network.

Last edited:

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are SD6AL245U-HNI. I did a Factory Default and it has seed to fixed the issue but I need to do some more testing to be sure.