Need help with IVS target min/max size

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I would really appreciate an explanation of how to best set these. I'm setting trip wire rules for vehicles on the road- one A/B on the left side of the image, one A/B on the right side just so I get trips for sure. I also of course want to set trip wire for the yard perimeter too. I have no problems drawing out the rules with lines. My problem is with understanding min/max target boxes and per rule, if they should be placed in certain areas of the scene. Can the max/min boxes just remain centered per rule and only the box size matters? Or do they need to be placed in certain areas per rule?

** Also, should recording be enabled in the IVS page as I think it should to actually archived recording events? It seems to default to a 10 second delay with that setting. Meaning it'll delay a recording by 10 seconds or does that mean something else?

Thanks for the help.

Side 1.jpg

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Targets do not need to be placed in a specific area of the scene.
I mainly leave the Max size at default.
You will have to test on the min size. This would be setting it to ignore small animals or the like, if you don't care, leave it at 0.
The 10 seconds is how long it will record once tripped, to a SD card or NVR.
See @Wildcat_1 s post explaining what all the settings do.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok cool. It just seemed as though max size left at default full screen was tripping off from tree branches that might blow across the line. Guess I'll have to keep noodling but at least you confirmed one thing- the boxes at any size don't have to be placed in certain areas. The thing that makes it confusing is that you can actually grab a resized box and move anywhere on the screen so I thought it was somehow meant to do so.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you know you only want to capture vehicles, then make the max size be just a little bigger than what typically goes down the street to prevent that. Maybe adjusting the IVS line might help too. Or an intrusion box instead.

Which camera is it - if it is one with AI - leave them at zero and let AI do it's thing.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
2431T-AS cameras, so no on the AI in camera and 4208-8p 4ks, all from Andy. I'm gonna keep at it and once set I'll reboot the nvr and see if it helps sync everything properly which is the other problem- blue indicators on the playback time line aren't showing.

Edit- the cameras do have the AI settings to set the TW and/or intrusion and that's where I'm setting it- in camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, set it in the camera and leave min and max sizes default at zero and let AI do it's thing.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See @Wildcat_1 s post explaining what all the settings do.
Which post was that? I checked his last 40 or so but the closest one I found was the one about Record Variables.

Edit: never mind. I thought you were referring to IVS settings but reread the OP and saw that it asked for recording settings too.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I was playing with my 5442 camera this weekend, had the same issue with a tree. I have managed to change settings, in the BI Trigger-Motion detection tab.

ermac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am setting up IVS on a 5442 bullet and I see Max size is 8191 * 8191 and Min size is 0 * 0. Do I leave max size at 8191 * 8191 ? Also sensitivity, what do you leave it at - default is 5?