Need help with Mini Camera purchase

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting this camera with the Sony IMX322 lens. Do I need the P2P feature that is a part of the package, or ignore it and assign the IP addresses, ports, etc myself?
I will be using the Optiplex 9020 i7-4790 with BI and TP-link TL-sg1008pe switch for starters.

This will be my experiment camera.

Howiegood

201snip.JPG

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you don't need or want the P2P garbage. If it is what I think it is, then the P2P part is giving you the ability to connect your phone up to the camera through a chinese server. You certainly don't want to do that. You should be able to use Internet Explorer to make all the changes to this camera without issues. See the Top-201 camera thread around here for more info since they are very similar products by initial appearance.

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks ruppmeister, I,ve been doing a lot of searching and reading on this site since Dec 2015. A LOT of information!
I also like to do a little digging (research) on a topic or an item before I forward a question. I think it's only fair to the experts on here for everyone to do a little homework before rushing a question. This is a great place and there some very patient folks on here.

Anyway, I picked that Mini camera because it's the only one with the Sony IMX322 sensor. I would hope that the P2P function has a enable/disable feature. I also noticed that in the specification they show the IMX222 sensor, whereas the IMX322 is shown in add title.

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bFAHheS4

Howiegood

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@howiegood - you can always send a msg to the seller on aliexpress and get confirmation of the sensor before purchasing. As for the P2P, you can block the camera from access to the internet from your router/firewall in most cases so even if it doesn't turn off in the UI, it won't go out and talk to the Internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've got a couple of the Gadinan mini cameras, and never use any of the P2P features or included software. All of the cameras have come with a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 and can be logged into using "admin" as the username and a blank password.

You probably already know this, but these cameras don't have an IR cut filter, so unless you have some visible light you aren't going to get a nighttime image.

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got a couple of the Gadinan mini cameras, and never use any of the P2P features or included software. All of the cameras have come with a static IP address of 192.168.1.10 and can be logged into using "admin" as the username and a blank password.

You probably already know this, but these cameras don't have an IR cut filter, so unless you have some visible light you aren't going to get a nighttime image.

Thanks for the info. I'm aware of the non-IR. Another thing is, in the ad heading it says Sony IMX322 sensor, but when I scroll down to the specifications it says Sony IMX222 sensor. I'm trying to contact the seller on that. In the mean time I've been trying to find some info on the difference between them. All I found was that the IMX322 (.001lux) require less light compare to the IMX222 (.01lux) all things being equal. In all practicality, would this difference in sensitivity make an impact on my choice. In other words, go ahead and buy the camera with either sensor.
Perhaps someone has more info on this.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you find out for sure which it had? The 222 is a good sensor so no worries if it doesn't have a 322.

howiegood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you find out for sure which it had? The 222 is a good sensor so no worries if it doesn't have a 322.
Did not find out, no response from seller. Yea, not much worry about the difference. I just figure not having the IR, the 322 would be a little more sensitive to the available lighting at night.