Need help with my computer and blue iris

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Dell computer, Netgear unmanaged switch and a Dahua turret 5mp ip camera to start. I’ve spent countless hours reading on the forum going thru wiki and watching YouTube videos try to get one camera going. It has been three days now and I’ve got nothing up and running. The only things downloaded on the computer are Blue Iris and google chrome.
Needless to say I’m not very computer savvy, this has been a big challenge. Trying to find the right ip address beyond difficult. I know I’m over thinking a lot of the steps but I’m stuck at square one. This is what I’ve purchased so far.
Dell Inspiron 3880 i5 10400, 256gb ssd, 12gb memory, 1tb-hdd
Netgear unmanaged switch GS324PP
Dahua turret ip camera #N53AJ52 5mp.
Frontier router #NVG468MQ
The camera is plugged into the switch out to the router and back to the computer.
Thank you for all your help and advice, it’s greatly appreciate.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A few things to start with....
1, for best performance, plug the camera and the computer both into the switch.
2. what is the IP range your router is handing out? ie: 192.x.x.x? 10.x.x.x ?
3. the default IP address for a new Dahua cameras is usually 192.168.1.108.
4. you will want to assign a different static IP address to the camera. this is best done from the camera's configuration web page and the address should be excluded from the DHCP range on the router.
5. what is the IP address of the computer? IF it is in the 192.168.1.x range, you can plug the camera directly into the network port of the computer and at least see if you can get to the login/config page.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Will the dahua config tool or amcrest config tool find cam's help him out by identifying cams on the network? Certainly the "+add a new camera" menu in BI will let you "find/inspect" and it will return anything it can find in the network(subnet) its running on.
but yes, typing 192.168.1.108 into google chrome should get him to the beginning of setup.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The dahua config tool may be helpful.
I generally use ONVIF Device Manager instead.
For pretty much any option, the camera will need to be in the same IP range as the PC.