Need help with Uniview nvr

jberes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Everyone This is my first post here and hope someone can help me out.
I have a Uniview nvr that I set up will unv cameras and it works great. I needed a few cheap ip cams and ordered a few off amazon, they are ONVIF and they said they will plug and play with my nvr. sure enough, I plugged them in to the poe ports on the recorder and they popped up.
Then I tried to plug it into a poe switch on the same network and now I cant get them to show. any idea what I need to do so I can use the poe switch?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most NVRs will put the POE ports on a different subnet than your internet. Most use 10.x.x.x

When they are not connected to the POE port but by a switch, you need to manually add them to the NVR.

jberes

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats what Im having trouble with, I do not understand how to do that

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe a factory reset is in order. Like a reset switch/button etc.
If you can find the reset switch, and a factory default was set, plug it back in as you
did the 1st. time. If it works great!

Reset again but, this time plug in to the switch and enjoy.
Reason> NVR will set an internal IP (10.xxx.xxx.xxx) that "can't be reached from the outside.
By plugging into the router /switch an "external" IP is assigned that you can reach.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Then I tried to plug it into a poe switch on the same network
Is the Poe switch plugged into the Lan ports of the NVR or into your home network?
They are two completely separate networks.
Why aren't you just using them in the Poe ports of the NVR which you already know is working?
What are you trying to achieve?