Need help with video encoder.

Reaction score
We have Stardot video encoders and one died so I was searching online and found this one to replace it since it was a cheaper alternative: The one reviewer said it worked with BI so I was like why not.
Once I got it I realized it was from China and there were no instructions or anything. I cant even find documentation online or figure out who the manufacture is to contact them.
I got it all setup but I cant seem to figure out how to find the path for each channel so I can connect it to BI.
As of right now BI only finds the 1 channel.
Im wondering if anyone has experience with these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As of right now BI only finds the 1 channel.
No experience with it but...
Did you set up 3 more cams identical to the channel 1 that works BUT....select channel 2, 3 & 4 (respectively) from the drop-down "Cam #" located below "Make" and "Model" ?

Reaction score
Yes I tried that and it still would not find the 3 other channels. I had this issue with the Stardot encoder but was able to get the path and that worked but I cant seem to find the path for this thing. I even downloaded all the code and files from the web interface and have been combing through all the Java Script and have yet to find anything.

Reaction score
Wireshark didn't work... but figured it out. Just tried a bunch of paths and parameters. Ended up just needed a parameter of channel=1, channel=2, etc.
So if anyone gets these cheap Chinese video encoders try that parameter first.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you got it going.

In case you find yourself on this path again in the future, there are cheap 4 channel DVR/NVR's with analog (AHD, CVI, CVBS) BNC inputs available for that amount or less that work with BI okay. I've done it with Q-See, Night Owl, and even Zmodo. Just left the hard drive out and it still works great as a video encoder.

Last edited: