Need help with wireless P2P link for IP camera

peter_arg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to everyone! I’m from Argentina (Patagonia) and new to the forum.

I would like to install a NVR Hikvision system. One of the cameras is placed 150m (500ft) away and needs a “Point to Point - P2P” wireless link.

My IP Cameras are POE only (Hikvision DS-2CD1623G0-I). I’m having some doubts as how to connect the remote camera with the wireless link.

This are the products I think I need:
-TP-Link CPE210 has only 1 LAN port: Wireless AP NVR side and connects to a POE Switch.
-Tp-Link CPE220 has 2 LAN ports: Wireless AP Camera side. LAN 1 to power via POE. LAN 2 to camera.
-Camera Hikvision DS-2CD1623G0-I (POE only)
-Poe passive adapter: To power the IP camera.

Can you please help me if this devices could work? Is a switch needed in the camera side? This is how I think it is:

POE Switch --- CPE210----(wireless)---CPE220.
LAN1 of CPE220: ---POE passive adapter (to power de AP)
LAN2 of CPE220: ---POE passive adapter---POE IP Camera.
Both POE passive adapters connect to the power grid.

Best regards,
Peter

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to everyone! I’m from Argentina (Patagonia) and new to the forum.

I would like to install a NVR Hikvision system. One of the cameras is placed 150m (500ft) away and needs a “Point to Point - P2P” wireless link.

My IP Cameras are POE only (Hikvision DS-2CD1623G0-I). I’m having some doubts as how to connect the remote camera with the wireless link.

This are the products I think I need:
-TP-Link CPE210 has only 1 LAN port: Wireless AP NVR side and connects to a POE Switch.
-Tp-Link CPE220 has 2 LAN ports: Wireless AP Camera side. LAN 1 to power via POE. LAN 2 to camera.
-Camera Hikvision DS-2CD1623G0-I (POE only)
-Poe passive adapter: To power the IP camera.

Can you please help me if this devices could work? Is a switch needed in the camera side? This is how I think it is:

POE Switch --- CPE210----(wireless)---CPE220.
LAN1 of CPE220: ---POE passive adapter (to power de AP)
LAN2 of CPE220: ---POE passive adapter---POE IP Camera.
Both POE passive adapters connect to the power grid.

Best regards,
Peter
Both radios can be CPE-210 with one LAN port, since the camera POE is 802.3af spec and the radio POE is passive 24 VDC; I believe the second LAN port of the CPE-220 will output what comes in on the LAN1 port (24VDC) which cannot be used to power the camera.

On the camera side you'll have 2 power injectors; one is active 802.3af to power the camera and one is passive 24VDC to power the CPE-210. Those 2 power injectors will have their "LAN" ports connected via Ethernet cable.

NVR side:
Switch ---> "LAN" port of 24VDC passive POE injector & "POE" port of 24VDC passive POE injector ---> CPE210 on NVR side​
Camera side:
Camera ---> "POE" port of 802.3af POE injector & "LAN" port of 802.3af POE injector--> "LAN port" of 24VDC passive POE injector & "POE" port of 24VDC passive POE injector --->CPE210 on camera side​

`Personally, I'd go with Ubiquiti radios. FWIW, these links are termed "PtP" (Point to Point) whereas "P2P" (Peer to Peer) is a different animal altogether (generally cloud-based in the IP cam realm).

Last edited: