Need help.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello guys what's up?
I am trying to connect my ftth router to a poe smart Switch hikvision.
I have 7 uap ac lite connected to a poe smart Switch and an Ethernet cable connected from my ffth router to a poe smart Switch to provide the internet to all uaps .
The problem is it works some and some it doesn't and when it i see there is connection between poe smart Switch and a router no led blinking on both sides lan poe and router.
What is the problem?
Sometimes rebooting the router it will work but only for a 10 to 15 min sometimes more

Here is the setting for both my router and poe smart Switch

Poe smart switch:

Ip address:192.168.1.64

Subnet mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.1

My main router:

IP: Auto DHCP

Subnet mask:255.255.255.0

Gateway:192.168.1.1

And why them sometimes it does work?

I have no problem connecting to my main router (ftth) via wifi or lan cable.

Its just hte cable gets disconnected between poe smart Switch and router both led ports switches off.

Last edited:

jmhmcse

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the ftth is also your main router, then connecting the poe switch directly to the ftth would work. However, you mention a main-router which i presume is in addition to the ftth.

Typically you would have the FTTH connect to your main router and the main router connect to the poe switch. (see attachment)

Attachments

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Internet (fiber optic) to router to Smart poe switch.(my main router is GBO ONU) see the attached photo
Like i said sometimes i have no probtbut sometimes i see no connection between router and poe smart Switch like there is no cable also the led on ports are off.

So ihave edited your pic as my setting is like this (attached pic)

Attachments

Last edited:

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
If your fiber converter is plugged into the WAN plug of the router and the switch is plugged into a LAN plug on the router, it should work according to the information given. If you plug a computer directly into the router when the switch isn't working, does it have internet connection? That would help determine if the switch is really the breaking point or if the router isn't set up correctly.

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep computer directly connected to the router working fine and it does have internet connection.
Beside i have two nvr connected to a router via lan cable and they are working fine.
What I don't understand is even if the setting in my switch not configured correctly why there is no led activety on both ports of router and switch?

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea but but my access points are working and my ip camera is working fine

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Alright - at least now we know it is the switch that is the issue.

If you change the devices that are plugged into the switch to other ports, does the problem persist and follow the device, or can we narrow it down to a particular port or set of ports that are misbehaving?

MacAmb77

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Finally i got it work i had to turn off uplink wireless monitor in unifi controller then all went work.that was strange though cause to power down the ports.