NEED HELP

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright, guys - I'm really struggling...

Years ago I set up my Dahua NVR to "call attention" to a camera that has motion. What I mean by this is - if I have all 12 cameras on my house up on the screen, if someone comes to my front door, the front door will take over the whole monitor and show me what is going on there. It's actually a pretty sweet feature - after a while, the monitor will go back to the view of 12 cameras.

The Problem: I also set this up for my PTZ. The PTZ almost constantly has motion (leaves shaking, cars passing by, etc.) , so it is almost always full screen on the monitor - instead of all 12 channels.

I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW I TURNED IT ON TO TURN IT OFF. I remember it took me forever to find a tutorial online to actually achieve this, and I cannot find that tutorial any longer.

I will tell you this ---> I think it may be an NVR setting, because I recently upgraded to a new PTZ on the same channel - and the new PTZ also gets called to the screen just like the old.

For visual representation, this is what it should look like:

NVR - 12 Screen.jpg

This is what it almost always looks like:

NVR - PTZ.jpg

Worst case scenario - can I factory reset my NVR?

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think its Tour in the alarm setting in this case under Motion Detect

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not sure which UI version you're on but in the older 3.2 its under Event on the NVR