Need hidden Hikvision Compatible Camera

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We've had a series of break-ins at one of our locations. We are putting in cameras, but our legal team requires the camera that's in public view be hidden and discrete.

A pinhole camera is an option, but still requires us to install it into something. The ones in smoke detectors are only TVL, and I need it compatible with a Hikvision NVR.

Any suggestion would be awesome. Thank you for your time.

arw01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks interesting for a close up face camera. Thinking I want some sort of small up close camera by the box we have packages put in from delivery places to catch a face of a thief poking their nose where it does not belong.

Perhaps Hikvision has a little less "hidden" small camera I could put in the box to shot out from the corner with motion trigger as the light would change radically when the lid was opened up. Ideally a wireless one would be better in that spot, i could power from a rechargable battery pack of something if I don't want to drill holes and run wires out there?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depends on your definition of compatible with Hikvision NVR. If you want it 100% compatible then you are restricted to Hikvision or Hikvision OEM.

DS-2CD6412FWD-20 is very expensive. I would be tempted by the Top-201.

fcolao

n3wb
Reaction score
I got mine on Ebay for under 170. A perfect fit for my front door peep hole with a nice wide angle view. I got the 20 model.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
The ones in smoke detectors are only TVL, and I need it compatible with a Hikvision NVR.
Not sure if you have gotten this taken care of yet, but if you haven't here is a lead. Smoke alarm and covert cameras are NOT TVL only. There are a ton of POE ONVIF hidden cameras - smoke alarm and alarm motion detector cameras on the market. If you search Ebay for example you'll find a few hundred.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-POE-720P-Smoke-Detector-Covert-Spy-Camera-work-w-hikvision-nvr-POE-Splitter-/161926386157?hash=item25b39091ed:g:8dEAAOSwDk5UD2JL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-MP-HD-POE-Smoke-Detector-style-Hidden-IP-Camera-Onvif-2-4-1080p-H-265-/152089943283?hash=item2369445cf3:g:3-QAAOSwSgJXNlOH

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.