Need ideas for waterproof wifi cam for harbor seals

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a standard PTZ small dome, standard PoE, 10x optical, 1080P, very nice little camera, the ACTi B95 I reviewed.
Learn something new every day. Have read many of your reviews. Wasn't aware of that one.

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
The Acti looks sweet, but I need a more "disposable" camera since it will be exposed to such a risky and harsh salt water environment. I have extensive experience with GoPro and have invented a cable system which remotely triggers some of their earlier cameras. One cool part of my project is that the IP camera's alarm I/O is able to trigger as many other GoPro cameras as I want, even one attached underwater. My seal video someone linked earlier in this thread was taken with a GoPro.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
See, that's where our thoughts differ. One could go with a camera, cheap straight from China with no warranty at all or get something with a reliable warranty like ACTi or Axis so when something goes wrong, you can get it replaced, so safe for 3 years. For normal use for most people here, that may not matter, but for your high risk scenario, the value prop of a good warranty may be worth it.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's a vandal proof PTZ, the orca can't damage it, I'm sure it's in the specs for IK10 vandal proofing as that's the highest number, sorry Nigel, no 11. In contrast, the Dahua IR PTZ are not vandal proof, a trade off for having IR. Orcas are just large vandals. What are Orca's doing by you anyway, I thought their natural habitat is SeaWorld.